Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be haeading back to good old LI tommorow night for the holidays. Does Rocky Point ever close? Anyone know about the trail conditions with all the snow and rain thats been goin on? How bout Glacier ridge? Where is it?

I know about the CLIMB web page but I guess I am a tard and can't navigate through it to find anything about the trail...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Trail conditions could not be worse. I ran at Bethpage this morning and by the end of my run at 9 am, it was snow, ice, standing water. We had rain all day today and probably only got worse. It's going down to 20 tonight so it should freeze up and start a freeze, thaw cycle for a while. Not good for riding. Worse for the trails. Riding only chews things up and makes a mess. Please leave the bike at home, enjoy your holidays and come back with the bike this summer when the trails will be in great shape.

·
Registered
538 Posts
yup. it's shite on the island right about now. no riding without studdies in current conditions. few inches of snow turned to slush then froze over. sucks to be us. but when didn't it? oh yeah. when i lived in pa, lol! :eek:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Knobby,

It's only going to get worse right now with rain tonight, all day tomorrow, into Thursday. Don't feel bad; I've got a new Niner that only needs cables to be complete and I have no place to ride it.

But you've got to come back when conditions are good and ride Glacier Ridge. It's just plain fun, and hard work. In some places it's like a skate board park for mt bikes! I can ride 40 miles at Rocky Point but Glacier wipes me out in under 20!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.