Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, anyone have experience with Rocky Mounts products? I am looking for a new roof rack, anyone know a good source with good prices?

TIA!

def

·
Registered
660 Posts
xdefx said:
First, anyone have experience with Rocky Mounts products? I am looking for a new roof rack, anyone know a good source with good prices?

TIA!

def
i've had two sets now...great racks, much cheaper than thule or yakima. forgot where i picked mine up, but found the cheapest (excluding beyondbikes and airbomb) through qbike.com. lock cores come separately though.
-jon

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
jlang002 said:
i've had two sets now...great racks, much cheaper than thule or yakima. forgot where i picked mine up, but found the cheapest (excluding beyondbikes and airbomb) through qbike.com. lock cores come separately though.
-jon
good quality locking fork-mount for my pickup thru beyondbikes for less than half of yakima/thule. work perfectly. so well, I should actually email them for more stickers since I have scratched one, and am proud to advertise for them.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
I have two trays and they work great. They easily install to your existing luggage rack/ rails and area much cheaper alternative to more expensive racks. Lock cores are only an extra $7 and slide right in to the QR levers. I have the Noose SL's and can carry my road bike and mtn bikes with these. I would order from Jenson.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I got mine at onionriversports, and would do buisness with them again. I'm very happy with my rockymount carrier - it's the only fork-mount that goes on factory cross bars (I like what bicycle retailer said about it: "it's about time someone figured out how to do this."). The QR has enough throw to clear the nader-lips on my fork without having to readjust every time (though I only have one carrier and all of my bikes have different thickness dropouts, so I'm constantly fiddleing with it anyway. I also like the colors - makes it really easy to spot my car in a crowded lot.

Only gripes: first, I don't understand why the disc brake adaptor is seperate. It really seems like they are sort of gouging on that - it doesn't hurt anything when carrying non-disc bikes and it's annoying that you have to take apart the rack when you first get it to install the adaptor.

More importantly: even with the lock cores there is nothing that prevents a theif from removing the rack, with the bike on it, from the cross bar. I replaced the wing nuts with hex in the back, and put jam nuts on the front, so at least a thief would need 2 tools to remove it, instead of just a 5mm allen.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
I must have gotten lucky - I didn't order a disc brake adaptor but my calipers clear the tray.

·
Basura Blanca
1,796 Posts
Bikesmart.com had the best price 45 days ago - cheaper than Jenson. My order was fulfilled w/ no hassle, and the trays did fine on November road trip to Moab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts