Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings MTBRs,
Was curious what frame would replace a cracked frame under warranty. Would it be a new frame or a leftover frame from the year you purchased it? (Example...if I have a 2018....would I get a 2020 frame or a 2018 frame?) Ps. I know this may be speculation but if someone knows the truth..please set me free :)
Have a great week
Boof

·
since 4/10/2009
31,295 Posts
this ALWAYS depends on the manufacturer, their policies, and their stock situation.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Given the recent recall, you'd almost certainly be getting the equivalent frame. In the future, who knows. Probably won't be many left over frames for a couple years.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Excluding the recall, Rocky generally keeps parts unpainted with a few other exceptions. They will paint to order most warranty parts. For people who've gotten whole frames, We've seen them let people pick anything from the catalogue with instincts/atltitutes. Old stuff (like flatlines) seems to be painted already.

So what this means is there's effectively no difference between say a 2018 and 2019 instinct carbon front triangle, if that's what you got warrantied. Rocky will send you the same generation of bike though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts