Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got a reply from the website, Thane to be exact, and in his words "As of today, we have decided not to promote the series this year. Too much work, not enough time....."

This was sent to me yesterday, March 20th!! Seems like this decision should have been made early, as in before they updated their website saying they were going to do it, and that they would release the schedule by March 15th. Unless someone else picks this up, it looks there will be no RMU series this year.

It seems to me that there shouldn't be a whole lot of time involved, I mean the races are already being promoted, they just have to keep the points. oh well, definitely a bummer.

·
Cycling, FTW!!
478 Posts
TheNeil said:
I just got a reply from the website, Thane to be exact, and in his words "As of today, we have decided not to promote the series this year. Too much work, not enough time....."

This was sent to me yesterday, March 20th!! Seems like this decision should have been made early, as in before they updated their website saying they were going to do it, and that they would release the schedule by March 15th. Unless someone else picks this up, it looks there will be no RMU series this year.

It seems to me that there shouldn't be a whole lot of time involved, I mean the races are already being promoted, they just have to keep the points. oh well, definitely a bummer.
If it sounds easy to you then maybe you can step it up and take over?

It was nice of Thane to take the time to do it for one year. Warriors Cycling is still promoting all of it's events this year, and that takes a lot of time and effort on its own. Keep in mind that Thane needs time to race too.

Like you said, all the races that were part of the RMU are already being promoted. So you don't have to worry about any of them going away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
He asked if I wanted to take it over, but I struggle enough as it is to find bike time. I was just a little disappointed about studying up and planning about maybe upsetting you for the title in our age group, I assume it is you that I was aiming for???? No worries. It is just easier for me to have some structure involved, I probably won't make it to all of them, but hopefully we can race in a couple and hopefully you won't beat me by that much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.