Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Looking for a bit of help!

I have an old Rocky Altitude from '92 in team red and yellow, really needs a restoration, and would like the pantone/codes for a respray.

Does anyone have this to hand?

Much appreciated!! :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you have the bike already just take it to an auto body shop and ask them to color match it. They can get the proper match by looking at the paint make up. That's how they match custom colors. Keep in mind, even if it is off by 1/20000 of a shade, you'll never be able to tell if the whole bike is being done 'cause you won't be putting it side by side with another.

Polish a spot on it before you take it in so the original color shines up as best it can for analysis.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help!

This would work except the red has been removed..

I seem to remember Ford Radiant Red was very close on the touch up paint - may juts have to go with this!!:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking for an email addy on the RM site, but couldn't find one anywhere. Good tactic! Or maybe just me being stupid..

Think it will have to be Silverfish distributer in UK, may have to give them a go.

ta..

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is the red you are talking about more of a maroon / deep red or an oxblood red? I have a buddy with an older Hammer Race (1996 I think) and if I remember, the team red was this kind of shade. I could be wrong, perhaps someone can shed some light. If it is, then I could possibly have a paint code copied for you when I take my "Overhaul Bike " in for paint.

Let me know.

Bagpipes

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
gump said:
I was looking for an email addy on the RM site, but couldn't find one anywhere. Good tactic! Or maybe just me being stupid..

Think it will have to be Silverfish distributer in UK, may have to give them a go.

ta..
Your best bet is likely to fax Rocky with the question and include your email address for the reply. It's a good idea to include the bike serial number in the request as it helps confirm that you aren't painting some other bike as a counterfeit Rocky, and that might help identify any paint colour/production run changes.

Rocky Mountain Bicycles
1322 Cliveden Ave.
Delta BC Canada V3M 6G4
Phone: (604) 527-9993
Fax: (604) 527-9977

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good idea on the fax, thanks!

I have a 96 Hammer aswell, and this is a real rich deep metallic red. The 91/2/3 Altitude team red/yellow used a real solid red.
Theres a pic of a 92 in the 93 catalogue here.. (sorry for cross forum)
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=15379&g2_navId=x92d45cba

I had a 93 in the team colours back in 93 but that sold long ago, and now managed to get hold of a 92 and 96 to build up.

That vertex colour does look great too btw! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.