Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi rm forum

Has anyone thought or inquired about using the hs system on their rm switch 07 models? I am unable to get any info on the web.

Thanx
Karl

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wait wait wait!

Not QUITE that simple... Need to check for yoke clearance. But yes, in theory, not a problem. I will get the 3d models out and check clearance...

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
So you're thinking there might be a chance of interference between the backplate of the planetary gear assembly and the swingarm yoke. I'm amazed that SRAM doesn't have a detailed technical drawing for the Hammerschmidt on their website. None of the manuals have one.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well... about all I can say is "maybe".

The Hammerschinken is within 1mm of the main pivot bolt. So it's awfully tight. Also, the clocking is just slightly off of their spec, but I think that's ok.

If you have one in stock at a shop and have 40 mins to kill, you could try mounting the back plate.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RM Switch and hs

Hi forum

Thanx for all the info very informative, especially the 3d rendering. It is likely, if no one answers who actually has made this work, that i will have to take the route of going to my lbs and seeing if it does fit.

I can't believe that no one has tried to fit this to their switch yet.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts