Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

941 - 949 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Probs worth more than bike just those upgrades
If you look up the page you will see i have 2 Slayers.....

Also i'll have these slayers for a few years. So you wont be upgrading any time soon. Plus... who cares. Logical sense doesn't play a factor when doing emotional bike fruit purchasing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Spirit Guide that came on the 17-19 Slayer and I'm sure other RM bikes... Any idea what it is when needed to replace? Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you look up the page you will see i have 2 Slayers.....

Also i'll have these slayers for a few years. So you wont be upgrading any time soon. Plus... who cares. Logical sense doesn't play a factor when doing emotional bike fruit purchasing.
Totally agree, Plummet! I have 1.5 slayers and won't be upgrading any time soon. When the time comes, don't think I will go to the new slayer either... too big... too plush... but the new altitude intrigues me. Need to give it a ride to see if it can handle my everyday riding here on the east coast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I picked up an XL S29 A50 last June and it is easily the best bike I've owned. Coming from a Canfield Riot (LOVED the riot), but also being 6'4, I finally get what people mean when they talk about being "in" or "part of" the bike, rather than just sitting on top of it. It's such a confidence inspiring bike, but also surprising how well it pedals. I've never weighed it (XL, aluminum, 29" wheeled bike...ha ha), but I was PRing climbs (and descents) all season last year.

I'm a big dude(pushing 300lb kitted up) and am running a 650lb spring, but will be ordering a heavier, custom coil before this coming season. Also picking up a ZEB Ultimate (and will immediately swap the decals with Totem decals). Also moving to a 223mm rotor in the front.

I should probably upgrade wheels as well (those stock wheels are garbage and I'm tightening spokes almost every ride), but not quite yet.

Absolutely love this thing and can't wait for spring!

941 - 949 of 949 Posts