Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for all the review guys! Hows this thing working out all summer for you? I am looking to unload my V10/Spesh Enduro and pick one of these up to make the most of both bikes. I really like that people tossed a dual crown on there too for big days.

Also, I am really stuck between a medium and large being 5ft 9" Anyone about the same?
Amazing here on my end. 2020 C50 with We Are One Convert/Union/I9Hydra wheels, Da Package Bar/stem, and now a ZEB.

The Zeb woke this thing up huge. Far more control and support charging into the gnar. Tons around here (Sun Peaks, BC) with the dual crown but I have no desire now that I have tried the ZEB Kool-aid.

Pretty much position 2 at the Bike Park, 4 for mellow trail riding.

I'm 6'0 and on a Large, sorry I can't me more help with sizing... If you like your bike BIG maaaaybe LG, but I would put you squarely in Medium category. For me it feels like I am squarely in the middle of the Large size, it is perfect.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Amazing here on my end. 2020 C50 with We Are One Convert/Union/I9Hydra wheels, Da Package Bar/stem, and now a ZEB.

The Zeb woke this thing up huge. Far more control and support charging into the gnar. Tons around here (Sun Peaks, BC) with the dual crown but I have no desire now that I have tried the ZEB Kool-aid.

I'm 6'0 and on a Large, sorry I can't me more help with sizing... If you like your bike BIG maaaaybe LG, but I would put you squarely in Medium category. For me it feels like I am squarely in the middle of the Large size, it is perfect.

Great to know. I was reading through the user manual and I am really nervous about the press fit BB... have you honestly had any creaking etc?

·
Registered
367 Posts
How does it feel to ride Sun Peaks on the slayer knowing that whoever looks at you riding it thinks you have the wal-mart grade shitty rental bike instead of the magnificent baller bike that you actually have?

hahahaha

·
Registered
12 Posts
27.5 linkage on 29er?

Speaking of running 180 at the front, what would happen (for the sake of argument) if you put a 27.5 linkage on the 29er frame? Do you then get 180mm out of the frame or am I missing some facts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice, have you measured the difference in BB height? Which Ride 4 setting are you running with the mullet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice, have you measured the difference in BB height? Which Ride 4 setting are you running with the mullet?
It's an XL 29er frame with the fork at 190mm, Ride 4 position 4 (full steep) to offset the smaller rear wheel. BB height is now 310mm, couldn't accurately measure the new drop as its now two different axle heights but the rough measure is 15-20mm from the rear axle. Head angle is 63° and seat angle about 75°. I'll be leaving the ride 4 at full steep until I put the bigger rear wheel back if I ever go racing, or it'll be a rocky grim donut.

To be honest I thought the BB getting lower would be a problem but it pretty much isn't unless I'm pedalling in a rock garden. It isn't crazy low and I run 165 cranks anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with an air shock?
Also has anyone installed a set of lightweight cranks (XX1, Raceface Next SL,...)?

I am pondering the idea of making my Slayer lighter. Right now it sits at 15.8 kg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with an air shock?
Also has anyone installed a set of lightweight cranks (XX1, Raceface Next SL,...)?

I am pondering the idea of making my Slayer lighter. Right now it sits at 15.8 kg.
Air shock is great, definitely makes it stick to the ground less but that's no issue if you're riding park type features or you're a heavy rider and just need the progression. I chop and change air and coil on it a fair bit, coil for the natural steep stuff gives you the sensitive, planted, grippy rear end feel. If I had deeper pockets I'd like to try a progressive coil spring.

I've never weighed mine and don't really care tbh, if anything I think the weight damps it all down and stops it chattering and pinging around as much. Good for the legs too! Fair point though, Slayers aren't light.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How does it feel to ride Sun Peaks on the slayer knowing that whoever looks at you riding it thinks you have the wal-mart grade shitty rental bike instead of the magnificent baller bike that you actually have?

hahahaha
Ha! Those who know, know, and those who don't, do not matter!

·
Registered
19 Posts
To the air shock users: would you like to share your FOX X2 settings with me, including rider weight? I am getting mine today and am interested in discussion about it.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts