Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if anyone has first hand experience with their kids riding the Rocky Mountain Reaper 26 (or any of the Reapers for that matter). Any idea how well it actually pedals or works for trail use? With a very slack HTA and weighing in around 29 lbs or so, I'm just wondering if it would be too much of a DH type bike for the pedally trails of Utah. Any experience anyone has with the bike would be great. Thanks!

· Registered
2,175 Posts
I've just a bit of hands on with that bike, tho not much info on it all from a riders perspective. There are a lot of kids riding Norco FS1&2's out there and pedaling them around well enough on our mtn. They have a similar HTA (64d). My son rides a 65d HTA on a Commencal Clash 24". I think the 65d HTA is a better all around setup than 64d but Utah isn't exactly mellow so there will be times when 64d will come in handy I'd guess.

Now, that's a less than ideal bike (my opinion) because of the convertible nature of it makes critical geometry pretty whacky. Here's what they did. They put a very short Front triangle (for even a 24") and married it with a longer 26" rear triangle. So the riding cockpit is going to be tiny with such a short reach (for a 24") and a slack HTA...its just not ideal. The convertible bikes just don't fit well.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the reply! I was thinking similar thoughts with the geo and the cockpit and ultimately decided to pass on the bike and go with a trailcraft. I think it’ll be a much more well rounded bike overall. Thanks again for replying with your thoughts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.