Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dutchman
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode up Old Fall iver road today. Cold, very windy and snow/sleet falling. Both Trail Ridge and Old Fall River Roads are closed. Alpine Visitor center is closed for the season.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Cool. I just drove it on Oct. 2nd. Every time I drive it I think about how nice it would be to ride after it's closed to cars. The trip down would be nice too, we never get to see it that direction.

·
slow
7,845 Posts
Here are a few from Oct 2. We got a bit of snow / sleet that day, too. Both roads were still open, so we had to deal with traffic, but it was still a great ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wish you were right Dutchman but from a tweet by the RMNP folks yesterday:

RMNPOfficial RMNP Info Office
Old Fall River Road is officially closed for the season. It has reverted to winter trail status which means the... fb.me/zZR5ceWc

Following the link gets you:

Rocky Mountain National Park
Old Fall River Road is officially closed for the season. It has reverted to winter trail status which means the road is closed to pets and bicycles in addition to motor vehicle travel. ks

·
What does a bean mean?!
204 Posts
Rocky Mountain National Park
Old Fall River Road is officially closed for the season. It has reverted to winter trail status which means the road is closed to pets and bicycles in addition to motor vehicle travel. ks
That's what I've always heard too. The RMNP website says that it will open to bicycles early in the summer season (April), before it reopens to vehicles. And it is not on the list of roads open to biking through winter.

·
Dutchman
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what I've always heard too. The RMNP website says that it will open to bicycles early in the summer season (April), before it reopens to vehicles. And it is not on the list of roads open to biking through winter.
Well that sucks. Another policy change I guess. Seems we should be able to access this road anytime. Must be another Vaughn Baker action. Last year they tried to dis-allow bikes completely. As a volunteer in the Park, I find this totally unacceptable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.