Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
enlightened.
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it is mid-June; shouldn't we start planning this?

edit: Please plug in somewhere you'd like to go, possible dates, ect. I can throw together a poll for those two and get some of the pre-planning out of the way.

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
Yes. My vote is for just about anywhere. Done.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
just a rumor

i think antoine was gonna arm wrestle kierkegaard for planning rights this year...

early talk was of durango, but that was when gas was still less than $17 a gallon.
:rolleyes:

·
enlightened.
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gotdirt said:
i think antoine was gonna arm wrestle kierkegaard for planning rights this year...

early talk was of durango, but that was when gas was still less than $17 a gallon.
:rolleyes:
I recall A saying that. I'm in no way implicating my self as planner extraordinaire - just trying to get dialog going.

I still really really want to go to Silverton.

·
enlightened.
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lidarman said:
LOL, you asked in January what happened to the Grimy Awards and look what happened! ;)
I'm hoping that I've better mtbr juju now and this will actually happen.

Either way, I'm still going to ride my bike lots and drink beer for a weekend. RMH for one, er, two if I can pry icegeek from his skis for a weekend.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
athalliah said:
edit: Please plug in somewhere you'd like to go, possible dates, ect. I can throw together a poll for those two and get some of the pre-planning out of the way.
that sounds suspiciously like "planner extraordinaire" dialog to me...

kchri, i mean, nickle, what's w/ the new avatar? you're confusing me (easily done, i might add). :confused:

back to topic at hand: i vote we go somewhere fun (and if i can somehow stowaway in the YETI trailer, i don't care how far away it is). :prft:

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
Nickle is deranged. My daughter painted the avatar and he is jealous his sperm isn't providing him with avatar material...

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Durango! Durango! Durango! Seriously, some of the best trail in the state lies between Molas Pass and Durango along the Colorado Trail. High altitude ridges, check. Remote wilderness, check. Seas of wildflowers, check. Screaming singletrack descents, check. And it could all get closed by the Colorado Wilderness bill. Smoke'm while you got'm.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Silverton.... who has ever heard of silverton. I vote Crested Butte or Durango. I will be coming from fort collins and can pic up anyone who is on the way. I only have a subaru wrx, so I can take about four people and three bikes. With a little planning we can share cargo hauling capabilities of trucks with the people carrying capabilities of sedans and safe some money on gas.
However I am new to the state and have only ridden at local front range stuff, moab, and that ski resort we went to last year so most everything is new to me.
I also have some leave saved up so I should be able to make it for the whole weekend instead of sneaking in early on sat and leave on sunday. I had an awsome time last year, can't wait for this one.

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
bridgestone14 said:
Silverton.... who has ever heard of silverton. ....
You are not serious right? I like the idea of Durango so we can plan a trip to Silverton...

Maybe establishing a date would help dial things in...

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Huh...sounds like fun. So is this like an exclusive group?

Should I bring my Heckler or SS?
Which hotel are you going to book at? I prefer Hilton.
What tires should I have on my bike?
Will there be any shuttling?
Will it rain?
Will it be pretty?
Will there be beer?
Free beer?
What kind of riding will it be?
Do I need to bring my anti-lighting kit?
How much water should I bring?
Should I use the blue or black nipples?
Is Dave going to make it? That could certainly change my decision...but if THAT Dave makes it...woah...that's a whole nother story.
Will the leaders be trained CPR and woooooooooooooofer certified?

I might or might not, could or could not, should or should not come this event but it depends on what date and where.

Gee I hope to all hopes I can make this one.
It'd be swell to hang.

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
kchri said:
Nickle is deranged. My daughter painted the avatar and he is jealous his sperm isn't providing him with avatar material...
I'm actually quite happy that my sperm have done nothing for me at this point. But yours make cool "no one has a avatar like mine" paintings. I remember such a comment during the hot tube move session and it was too good to pass up. ;)

Durango! If I still have my truck by the time the RMH rolls around, I'll happily donate it to shuttle duty like last year.

·
abnormally aspirated
545 Posts
davec113 said:
....during the time Silverton has its lift open for bikes? :D
so that leaves us with what? like a seven hour window this year? ;)

Just checked the Silverton Mountain website:
Silverton website said:
Updated 6/19/08.
2008 SUMMER UPDATE: DUE TO LARGE AMOUNTS OF SNOW ON GROUND THERE WILL BE NO DH RIDING AVAILABLE IN JUNE. Stay tuned for updates and possible July openings.
Edit: not that this is surprise to anyone at this point.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.