Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
I think it was 2004 that they started using the embossed aluminium headbadge rather than the decal. Contacting Rocky Mountain to get one is likely the best plan (although Jen Green does beautiful custom headbadge work).

Metal Iron Bronze History Close-up

From 2004 ETSX 70

Bottle Glass bottle Logo Metal Alcoholic beverage

from 2006 Slayer (with black mountain background)

They're likely to be a bit protective about things like this so that no one sticks a RMB headbadge on their Nashbar frame to boost the ebay sale value, so send Rocky your frame serial number in your request and maybe a picture of your headtube.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The headbadges are aluminium?? I just always assumed they were plastic. The one on my 2005 Switch is slightly unstuck at the edges (ie. the letters R and N)...if it's aluminum you'd think they'd stamp it with a more curved shape so it's stick better...anyways, they're still nice badges.

·
MT rider
255 Posts
rockyuphill said:
I think it was 2004 that they started using the embossed aluminium headbadge rather than the decal. Contacting Rocky Mountain to get one is likely the best plan (although Jen Green does beautiful custom headbadge work).

They're likely to be a bit protective about things like this so that no one sticks a RMB headbadge on their Nashbar frame to boost the ebay sale value, so send Rocky your frame serial number in your request and maybe a picture of your headtube.
I'd like to get additional headbadges for my RMs. Any email where I can send the request? Maybe RMB-PM can chime in as well! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

·
Registered
4 Posts
rocky mountain headbadge

I recently lost the badge for my 2008 Element 70. I e-mailed Rocky Mountain and they told me that any shop that sells Rocky Mountain bikes can order a new badge for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.