Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the VRC section as well, but I figure some of you might know what I am looking at as well.

I just recently picked up the Rocky Mountain Hammer for $40 which I thought was a good price.

Anybody with information on it I would gladly appreciate. I believe it is a 1992.

Serial # - I91012263

Ritchey Logic Super Tubing
"Made In Canada" - does that mean welded? or just built?

It is in pretty good shape considering its age.

Like I said any info would be great. I would assume a early 90's frame would be considered vintage. I am going to rigid/SS with some retired parts.

Pics

Whatcha think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like a '91 or '92...I have a '91 that was red, Suntour parts, 1st generation grip shift, and pulley (mounted on the seat tube) downpull front deraileur.

·
Registered
543 Posts
obrienwk said:
Looks like a '91 or '92...I have a '91 that was red, Suntour parts, 1st generation grip shift, and pulley (mounted on the seat tube) downpull front deraileur.
This is a 91 RM, although not in the original 91 Hammer colour. The date is indicated by the head tube-mounted cable stops, which it should share with your bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yep...I just took a look at retrobike.co.uk and found the '91 catalog there...forgot how the head tube mounted cable stays were only a one year attempt, but I like the uniqueness of the bike.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=47049

I also like how the bike used the monostay in the rear triangle...something that only lasted a few years. First gen grip shift was really meant for a road bike, worked ok.

I love this bike...only thing original now is the frame. I stopped upgrading it in the mid 90s except for some comfort changes, so I am still sporting some Kooka cranks on Suntour Microdrive with Sachs shifters.

Gonna add a Hammer 29er to my collection in the near future too.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts