Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. just picked this up and thought I'd try to firm up the model year. Near as I can tell it's '89. It's got a lot of mountain lx stuff on it, nos ritchey vantage hoops, ritchey force stem, etc. If anyone has further input it'd be much appreciated. The story is, the woman from whom I recently got this worked at Rocky. she couldn't afford, even as an employee to purchase one so she went about grabbing this bike at auction. The rocky guys then stripped/dipped painted the bike in these colours and re and re'd everthing. She rode it a couple of times thereafter and that was it. Bike is mint and will quickly get another saddle.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good find! I would say it's an 88, the last of the Blizzards in the original flat top tube and short head tube style that they had before Paul Brodie hit Rocky Mountain. The 87 catalogue has Blizzards in both styles. The bike shown below is believed by its owner to be an 88, and is evidently in a larger size than yours. For comparison also, a picture of a Blizzard from a 1989 magazine test.

The paint and decals look quite modern, c2002 I'd say.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.