Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mathlete
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who ride rocky hill ranch; what loop “sequence” are you all riding to 10,12, and 16 mile loops? When I’m out there I just sort of ride and end up doing between 12 and 20 miles per loop with no set trail sequence. The map on the website sort of has the routes marked but it does not specifcally state which particular trail sequence equals that milage. I’ll typically make my way around counter clockwise if you can call it that. I’ll usually start up from the trailhead, cut across the campgrounds up drop zone, gray’s way, fat chucks, then enter then Kara’s way from then on I just go. I’ll hit black trac on the way back of course. Route suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
200 Posts
here's my favorite route...it flows together seemlessly :thumbsup:

Trail Head > Drop Zone > Gray's Way > Mini Me > Secret SwitchBack > Karaway > Off the Lip > Frontal lobotomy > Bottle in front of me > Long Horn Loop > Triss Cross > Omar's Howl > Tunnel of Pines > Coyote Run > Pine Pin > Avenue of the Pines > Miracle Mile > Leapin Lizards > Y Knot > Black Trac >

·
mathlete
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron-Thanks.

I'll give that a shot next time I'm out. I think it is pretty close to what I already do but at least I'll have a definite route to follow. AND no fat chucks too. I love RHR but those climbs right out of the gate kill me. I don't mind them so much on the 2nd loop once I'm warm.

·
no fat chicks
774 Posts
for some reason bottle in front o me was shut down when i rode there on monday
and by shut down, i mean there were sticks placed across the entrance to the section
off the lip is kick ass and so are the wall and the grind

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Bottle in front of me was open last Friday (the 26th).

Any idea what the new road going in on the lower section is for (oil, timber, cabins, other?)

Kinda killed some of the flow after the wall.

·
Registered
712 Posts
string said:
Bottle in front of me was open last Friday (the 26th).

Any idea what the new road going in on the lower section is for (oil, timber, cabins, other?)

Kinda killed some of the flow after the wall.
Check here for RHR trail updates, I think what you mention is referenced in one of the threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.