Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics from Moto's and my ride today at Hilton Falls. Temps just below the freezing point, and light snow. My camera batteries died, so Moto has some pics to post. Sorry about the blury pic. Sometimes hard to hit button with gloves on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
That looks brutal.

We have a few short sections like that around here...unfortunately they are under 14 inches of snow at the moment.

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep Trying. I will give you a hint, it is close to NY state, but north.

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Here we go, I got a few. It was a fantastic day out at the falls...

Attachments

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Here are the LOGS

Attachments

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
i have no idea how folks climb up snow covered rocks. I can ride down some tricky sections, but going up, either my skills fail me, or i lose traction. Not sure if you were successful in that section in the last pic in post #7, but i think i would be lucky to clear it on a dry day.

Maybe it is the big wheels?

I know where Hilton Falls is, but i'm not going to spoil it for the folks here.

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
And bigwheelboy on the Misfit

Attachments

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Nice riding guys! The rocks look barely manageable. Going down in rocky, snow covered sections is scary as hell. But that log pile is too much. :)

What is interesting is that Hilton Falls did not get too much snow today. Albion was completely white under a blanket of snow.

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rkj__ said:
i have no idea how folks climb up snow covered rocks. I can ride down some tricky sections, but going up, either my skills fail me, or i lose traction. Not sure if you were successful in that section in the last pic in post #7, but i think i would be lucky to clear it on a dry day.

Maybe it is the big wheels?

I know where Hilton Falls is, but i'm not going to spoil it for the folks here.
The big wheels help a bit. we can run air pressures in the high twenties and low 30s. I'm running about 32 f&r. Try lowering the air pressure in your tires, and try sessioning a climb. Use different body positions and lines. Also, I notice a lot of people try and ride through the rocks. Try riding over them too.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
I'm getting frostbite just looking at this schitt.

My wimpy SoCal butt would last 10 minutes in that weather.

Nice job...keep the arctic ride stoke coming!

·
Registered
426 Posts
nice pictures guys....but where is the snow???? If you call that little wee bit of white stuff snow...then you really need to come out here where we got 13.5 feet of snow in November!!

And yes I know where the pics were taken but never did ride there before I left for the real trails and rocks.....lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts