Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have never ridden Rockville and with this rainy weather, it seems to be one of the sensible places to ride this weekend. Anyone interested in riding there tomorrow 12/20? I'm thinking to start at around 10am but time is negotiable at the moment.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Think I can make this too. Rockville... a place to spend 3 hours and go 9 miles :thumbsup:
Black Knolly Endorphin

·
padded
705 Posts
I'm hoping to make this, but am still getting over a bad cold so it will depend on how I feel tomorrow a.m. Blue Heckler, and wishing I hadn't sold my SS.

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
derelict said:
I think I am going to be able to attend to. If anyone wants to carpool from Concord area get a hold of me...

Ed
Wo, Ed, haven't seen you on mtbr for a while. Sorry for threadjacking, but Ed, pm'ing you my email. Zip me back yours so we can get in touch about upcoming rides, plans in the works...

Back to Rockville thread...

-slide

·
Spin-stabilized
1,498 Posts
My friends and I are gonna be there at 10. It's my "bachelor party ride":D

Have fun, maybe we'll see you there. I'll be the skinny dude on a gray Chameleon, probably rolling around in a T-shirt printed with something embarassing on it (not sure exactly what my friend cooked up), but it will be good. How can it not be? It's a Rockville ride!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh wow...this is great! I did not expect a good turn out being a last minute ride announcement. I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with you all tomorrow. Rockville will rock and I'm looking forward to it.

Hkenshin- as much as I wish to carpool with you, I'm driving up with a friend tomorrow. Please come, it would be nice to ride together again. More photo shooting? :)

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Pete Fagerlin said:
Keep a sharp eye out Werner, you might see me and my spawn cruising around.
Nice. My spawn is just about to pass out from intense vacation exuberance. He ain't gonna wake up in time to ride.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
You know how there are certain things that were so special growing up, so specific and well-defined that together they almost make up childhood. For me, it is the feelings of being renewed, of being in a new place, breathing new air, meeting new people and living the lives that the locals do. I got exactly that yesterday only by being one hour away from home. Riding Rockville reminded me very much those childhood years- having no expectation yet be treated with great time and fine company; riding with tons of exertions yet going nowhere close to the 9miles mark that wg imposed upon us. I thought wg was joking when he said that we would ride 9 miles in 3 hours. He was close to be wrong, we rode just a little more than 7 miles after 3 hours. Nielsvk- That was a record of me too. ;)

The day was warm, even crystal clear at times, which brought out nicely California beautiful landscape. Nothing can beat technical rocky trails mixing in with swoopy single tracks- enough to make one felt uncomfortable with her own skill level, yet thought: "what a great time!" I wonder why I didn't ride Rockvile earlier, though I know better this time to have Rockville on my list for more visits.

It was a great pleasure meeting and riding with all of you (Nielsvk, SparkyJ, Derelict, wg, Chuck), and thanks much for a very warm welcome to your local playground!

I will let photos and videos do the rest of the reporting job. They will show you what a great time that we had and how we manage to ride 7miles in 3 hours. ;)

The crew

After a quick introduction, we headed out riding. Nice. Up, up, up and down and rocks ... Soon, we found ourselves playing at the rock garden. All of us made our attempt to find "the line". Some failed, some made it more than twice.

Werner aka wg

Ed aka derelick

Chuck

Niels aka Nielsvk

Charlie

Jay aka sparkyJ

Chit-chatting

The view from Rockville

Werner riding within Rockville's beautiful landscape. It actually felt like spring with the hills of green grass.

Charlie passed by the Upper Lake

Breaking time aka waiting for theseawind to catch up

We rode some more and soon faced a steep technical climbs where the riders took up the challenge

Neils

Chuck

Jay

Ed

Werner

Charlie

Werner: going for more?

Everyone was amused with Chuck's multiple attempts.

2 successes in 4 years, he really wanted to break the record.

We continued on. I caught a beautiful blue sky

After riding for a little more, I was stopped by everyone standing at a very steep if not almost vertical rocky cliff. The rocks have been very slippery with the recent rains. I was socked when Ed and Chuck announced that they would give it a try. Here I am standing at the very top section being Ed's "postmark" taking the video of the two trying it.

Chuck's successful attempt

Ed dropping the rock wall the 3rd time

Wow, this is probably my longest mtbr's post ever!

Thanks all again for a great time!

For the entire photo collection, you can go here: https://picasaweb.google.com/theseawind/RockvilleDec202008?authkey=S0IcqZ_Dhj0#

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.