Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been night riding at Rockville in Fairfield for a few years. However I was there a couple of weeks ago and noticed that all of the road parking has signs posted that say parking is only allowed 8am-8pm. There were also signs posted around the parking area saying they will start closing the gates at night now. Where is a safe place to park for night riding? I heard if you go up the road more by the second entrance to the park there is a housing development or something. Can someone pin a google map for me?

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
Well, the park is closed at sunset and you can be ticketed.

So, if you want to go for a ride on the road(wink) then just park at the bar that's across the street from the bike shop. Big parking lot.

·
Lightly salted
1,388 Posts
I regularly see bikers park at the La Barista and also the Bar/Salvios Italian restaurants parking lots like Internal mentioned. I would think both places are safe for night parking. The parking by the upper gate your asking about is probably Oak lane. Coming from Suisun valley road just past the upper gate on the right, you can't miss it, its a small court with a few homes.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well, the park is closed at sunset and you can be ticketed.

So, if you want to go for a ride on the road(wink) then just park at the bar that's across the street from the bike shop. Big parking lot.
+1....what he said :winker:. The road riding is great :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was totally talking about road riding...I must have just thought that but forgot to post it. Thanks for the parking spots!

On a separate note, aren't all the state parks hours til sunset? I "road ride" in Auburn all the time and regularly see other riders there, as well as Salmon Falls and other rides that are close to Sacramento. I'm pretty sure the hours for those parks/trail systems are sunset as well. I read about Bay Area mountain bikers having issues with rangers and hours but kindof felt like there was a look the other way kindof mentality around here. What's mtbr's take on that?

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's that time of year again to bust out the lights...any suggestions for good spots to ride "road"...or dirt ;).

Any good organized/shop sponsored night rides in the area? I recall there were some from a shop in Auburn but can't remember the info.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Coe is legal to ride at night. A little far for some of you and a little weird out there in the dark when unidentified eyeballs are glowing in the distance but the sky view from HH after the ride can not be beat.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Coe is legal to ride at night. A little far for some of you and a little weird out there in the dark when unidentified eyeballs are glowing in the distance but the sky view from HH after the ride can not be beat.
Thanks for the info. Yep, a bit far for me for a weekday fix.

Might make for a fun weekend excursion though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts