Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm planning on going night riding at Rockville Park in Fairfield on Wednesday night...rain cancels though. Meet at 6:30, ride 6:45. Slow to intermediate pace...no one will be left behind. 10+ miles. Park gates close at sunset, but you can park directly outside park entrance. Personally, I park at the Real Estate office ( I believe it is Green Valley Real Estate) on Rockville Road just west of the Rockville Road/Suisun Valley Road intersection for security reasons, then ride up...it has parking for around 8 cars I believe. Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers,
Chip

Attachments

·
Custom User Title
157 Posts
I would have given it a try since I just got a new L&M set of lights but tonight is go pick out a christmas tree night with the family.

On a side note, Rockville becomes a pay-per-use park starting in January. $13.00ish for 6 months for residents, cheaper if your a student at the JC.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,164 Posts
What if ya ain't a resident? Any special options for regulars?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the weather kept everyone home, it was a little chilly, not raining though, just a light mist...just the 3 from my family were there...that's another good thing about Rockville, even after over an inch of rain, it was totally rideable! Maybe we'll see you all next time...

Cheers,
Chip

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Wednesday November 28 would be coming up in 2007....thanks for the info about the upcoming fee thing, assume resident would be that of Fairfield? Have any idea what non-resident fees are?

·
gimme friction
1,124 Posts
Glad you had a good ride

Keep us in mind for next time, I would love a guided tour of Rockville, day or night.

How many lights do you ride with? It seems for that place, a helmet-mounted lamp would be mandatory...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I so totally blew the date! My better half already flipped the calender page over to December so that's what I was looking at, the last Wednesday in December is the 28th! My bad. Oh well, maybe next time. All 3 of us were using helmet mounted HID's...quite a difference from when I was running the NiteRider classic with all "32" watts blazing & I thought that was awesome...no pun intended but it doesn't hold a candle to the HID's. And putting them on your helmet puts the light where ever you look. I tried riding with both the NR and the HID and the difference was insignificant at best IMHO.

Cheers,
Chip

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,164 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Wednesday November 28 would be coming up in 2007....thanks for the info about the upcoming fee thing, assume resident would be that of Fairfield? Have any idea what non-resident fees are?
I found the Fairfield City site: http://www.ci.fairfield.ca.us/4588.htm and have a message into the number posted to get details.
I'll post back here when I get the information.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
All,
Just got off the phone with Ranger Teri Luchini from the City of Fairfield and she gave me the total scoop on the fee program that will be implemented on 1 Jan. 2006. She can be reached at 707-428-1614. Her email address is: [email protected]. The term resident as it applies to the info in this post means those with a city of Fairfield address on their drivers license or ID. All others are non-resident. The park is owned by the city of Fairfield.
Here is the scoop:

First off the payment station:

It's the Intellipay made by Digital PayTech. You can pay with credit card, debit card or cash...though it cannot give change. You will receive a thermal paper receipt as proof of payment...don't lose it as there are no additional records kept.

The fee schedule:

Day pass: $2.00

Dog Day pass: $1.00

Semi-Annual pass: Resident (per person)-$13.50
Non-Resident (per person)-$15.00

Semi-Annual pass: Resident (entire family)-$27.00
Non-Resident (entire family)-$30.00

Dog Semi-Annual pass: Resident (per family)-$11.25
Non-Resident (per family)-$12.50

Limitation to the system: Only one receipt is provided, even if you purchase a family pass, so I can see some inforcement issues coming up.

Ranger Teri is a biker, so she is on our side. She is also requestion input from the downhillers/freeriders on what she can do to make the park more friendly to them...I will post that else where though.

Please contact her with any additional questions as this is all the info I have.

Cheers,
Chip

Attachments

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
With our ridiculous property values and general cost of living in the area, I suppose this is the wave of the future here; I really don't mind as long as I can ride my bike on the trails if/when I choose to brave hwy 80 and visit (it's been on my list for too long). At least they have what looks to be a convenient collection device, or is that what the money is to cover the cost of?

Thanks for the update...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there a chance of doing weekly rides here? I'm still looking for a way to ride my bike after work, now that I live in Sacramento.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you talking weekly night rides? We ride at Rockville all the time and the more the merrier, but trying to set up a schedule for me would not work with my airline job...someone else might be up to it though...PM me when you want to ride and I'll get back to you...I always try to post me rides on the message boards though sometimes with very short notice, so check them often!!

Cheers,
Chip

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah - weekly night rides would be wonderful to get organized. I can understand about having a crazy schedule, though. Send me a message when you are going out for a ride - I would love to check out the park there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jennyjo said:
Yeah - weekly night rides would be wonderful to get organized. I can understand about having a crazy schedule, though. Send me a message when you are going out for a ride - I would love to check out the park there.
jennyjo are you night rider equipped? Thinking of doing Rockville tommorrow, Dec. 7th, late afternoon to early evening...let me know!

Chip

·
Registered
18 Posts
gacck said:
jennyjo are you night rider equipped? Thinking of doing Rockville tommorrow, Dec. 7th, late afternoon to early evening...let me know!

Chip
Oooh man - I do have lights (old nite rider setup) and actually really love getting to go out after dark. However, I'm thinking of doing an Auburn ride today. Will you let me know next time? I really want to see Rockville. I also get off work at 5:00 and so couldn't do an afternoon ride. I figure it's about 40 min. from Sacramento to there.

·
Spin-stabilized
1,490 Posts
Hey guys...

I ride at Rockville quite a bit ever since I moved up here (I work in Sac). Let me know if anyone wants to ride this Sunday (Dec. 11, weather permitting - anything but a thunderstorm and I'm good to go).

Night riders: Where do you park?
Is it legal to ride after dark in Rockville?
What loops do you do?

Is Finchplatte listening? Where's that section with the narrow squeeze between the boulders that only one guy cleared on that last ride you guys did (Dec 3 or 4 I think)? I've been riding there for about a year now and I don't think I've seen that section before.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bailout said:
I ride at Rockville quite a bit ever since I moved up here (I work in Sac). Let me know if anyone wants to ride this Sunday (Dec. 11, weather permitting - anything but a thunderstorm and I'm good to go).

Night riders: Where do you park?
Is it legal to ride after dark in Rockville?
What loops do you do?

Check the originating post on this thread for night parking instructions. Rockville technically is closed after sunset but riding there after dark is not discouraged by the
City of Fairfield...been doing it for years with no problems. We ride the same loops at night that we ride during the day..I'm out for riding till after X-Mas...will hit it hard after that though!!

Cheers,
Chip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts