Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ride in Rockville today confirmed that this is a great place to ride during inclement weather.

EBrider, WG and me are going, assuming the roads are open (a legit concern) - any and all are welcome!

Here's to a wonderful 2006 with more killer rides!

IRMB
 

·
iheartMTNs
Joined
·
139 Posts
might be up for it...

as long as i dont have to bring a floatation device. where do you normally meet?
e
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eraSSerhead said:
as long as i dont have to bring a floatation device. where do you normally meet?
e
Don't know what the parking lot's called - it's the main one - Suisun Vly Road, left at the gas station - about 1 mile up on the left.

Little help here guys?
 

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
Joined
·
4,164 Posts
That's correct. Suisun Valley Rd North about a mile or so from 680 there's a gas station on left at a light for Rockville Rd. Turn Left. Go abou 3/4 mile or so, Rockville Hills Park lot on left. Its the only lot you'll see.
Probably the only place you'll see other idiots up and about at that absurd time. That'll be us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,485 Posts
wg said:
That's correct. Suisun Valley Rd North about a mile or so from 680 there's a gas station on left at a light for Rockville Rd. Turn Left. Go abou 3/4 mile or so, Rockville Hills Park lot on left. Its the only lot you'll see.
Probably the only place you'll see other idiots up and about at that absurd time. That'll be us.
Don't forget some ones for the new permits.
 

·
iheartMTNs
Joined
·
139 Posts
unfortunatly somethings come up (it involves moving furniture:( and i wont be able...

to join you on this journey out to rockville. was looking forward to it to as i've yet to lay tracks on this particular nor cal nugget. from watching the posts over the last several weeks it loooks like you guys are out there fairly regularly so hopefully i'll be able to fall in on a future round up. happy trails.
e
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
wg said:
That's correct. Suisun Valley Rd North about a mile or so from 680 there's a gas station on left at a light for Rockville Rd. Turn Left. Go abou 3/4 mile or so, Rockville Hills Park lot on left. Its the only lot you'll see.
Probably the only place you'll see other idiots up and about at that absurd time. That'll be us.
My plan is to join you guys, rain or shine. Though I could do without the early morning start, I'm feeling the need to ride and have never been to Rockville.

-Dave
 

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
Joined
·
4,164 Posts
The early morning is gonna hurt. I'm hurting now considering I went to bed at 4:30... see you there.

eraSSerhead.. sorry you can't make it. Its my regular haunt and others on this board hit it often. Catch you next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
Ha..

i did that last year and paid for it for 2 days. But man did i have FUN. One thing to consider is that tomorrow is gonna be a real BAD travel day.

Happy new year..
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
wg said:
The early morning is gonna hurt. I'm hurting now considering I went to bed at 4:30... see you there.

eraSSerhead.. sorry you can't make it. Its my regular haunt and others on this board hit it often. Catch you next time.
Any chance of a carpool? I can pick you up for a change...
 

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
Joined
·
4,164 Posts
That'd be cool.
 

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
Joined
·
4,164 Posts
Accuweather says 9-11 cloudy... perfect gap. Still gonna be just a tad wet n sloppy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,485 Posts
Sorry guys. Crawled back into bed and slept for a few more hours. I will have to get that Stone out to a location to be determined next weekend.

So any survivors? How was it?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EBrider said:
Sorry guys. Crawled back into bed and slept for a few more hours. I will have to get that Stone out to a location to be determined next weekend.

So any survivors? How was it?
I counted 3 crashes - none of which were fatal and none were my own. It was "a tad" wet - but generally pleasant - not too cold, and not too wet. Up until the end anyway, when the rain picked up.

We got two hours in, no too many miles, but had a great time.

Hit up the pub/restaraunt for beers n vittles afterwards.

You missed out!

IRMB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
yep-
i dont know which is better
the wet or the dry :eek:
so much fun - it was one of those looking over your shoulder because this is way too
much to be legal kind of fun :p
YOU MISSED OUT :D
i had a hucin good time
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
carcasshucker said:
yep-
i dont know which is better
the wet or the dry :eek:
so much fun - it was one of those looking over your shoulder because this is way too
much to be legal kind of fun :p
YOU MISSED OUT :D
i had a hucin good time
Was that you on the RM7/9?

Is that place any good for DH bikes? Might have to lug the intense up there some time...
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top