Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put a front shock on my 2007 Monocog Flight and am wondering which fork would be better. The Rockshox Tora Solo Air or the 2010 RST M-29?

I weigh 145 and will be riding and racing all kinds of single track.

I would love to hear opinions of both, especially from people that have ridden both.

Thanks,
Paul

·
IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
730 Posts
I have a tora solo air sl and its not the best or most plush fork out there but for the money you really cant beat it... I really like it though its mad dependable and works 100% up to my expectation... literally transformed my bike from rigid...

as for RST, I have had bad experience with them but not that fork specifically... they came stock on my gary fisher 26er and were essentially worthless... lost any suspension qualities after only a few months...

I would say go with the TORA or save up for a REBA (i am right now any see one for 380 on pricepoint I really want)

just my $0.02

·
Never Satisfied...
629 Posts
I have had 2 different Tora "Race" models..... Great fork!

If you do a good search, you can get them for a pretty good price... I just picked up my last one (2009 model brand new) for $230 shipped off Ebay....

I have no experience with the other you posted....

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
paulclimb510 said:
Thanks!!! I hear that Reba's are not very stiff though? Isn't this a common complaint? I have read the Tora's are stiffer, but a bit heavier.

Paul
2008 and earlier Reba's were known for flex
2009+ Reba's were redesigned and are supposed to be at least as stiff as the Tora

The Tora is about a pound heavier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.