Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 27.5” TK fork and an older 26” Reba fork. Both forks are 100mm. I’d like to know if I can put the internals from the Reba into the TK housing? The goal is to use the Reba on a 27.5 frame. Are these parts interchangeable?

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
I have a 27.5" TK fork and an older 26" Reba fork. Both forks are 100mm. I'd like to know if I can put the internals from the Reba into the TK housing? The goal is to use the Reba on a 27.5 frame. Are these parts interchangeable?
you can't use RS internals intended for steel stanchions in a chassis with aluminum stanchions. The difference in wall thickness makes it so the seals don't work. There are some moco dampers that were made for steel-stanchion'ed forks, but they're expensive enough aftermarket it's not worth pursuing.

I'm all for ghetto-rigging, but even if it did work a vintage reba wasn't exactly an amazing fork. I've seen new xfusion rl2 and manitou forks going for cheap that handily outperform it.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
I'm all for ghetto-rigging, but even if it did work a vintage reba wasn't exactly an amazing fork.
They were a lot better than the TK!

Some of the burlier RS forks had steel stanchions of the correct size so you should be about to buy a decent damper for the TK. That's about as far as I'd go with it or you'd be better off just buying another fork. Which wouldn't be a bad idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.