Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys so i'm currently doing a damper/travel reduction swap on a 2019 super deluxe off a nomad from bearing damper shaft to bushing damper shaft and as i was bring the shim stack back to put back on the shaft i let the screw driver out to early and dropped the shim stack and now i do not know the proper order of the factory stack order. the manual doesn't say how to do this anyone have a picture maybe or knowledge of how this goes ? super gutted as it was going so well

attached photo i have no idea what the order is or the orientation of the valve things?

Attachments

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
Text Font Rectangle Number Circle

From the bottom right, assembling on to the bare shaft, you install the silver hat spacer then the small spacer shims (the numbers of these are not terribly important as long as there is one in most cases)

The next group of shims are your compression shims so install smallest to larger on the shaft so the biggest one is on top facing the piston

Install black piston with the side shown facing DOWN/towards compression shims

(There is a spacer washer here, it can go with any of the others or just leave it out, not important)

The rebound shims are basically in reverse order in your picture, i numbered the order to install them

The silver piston has the ports facing up like in the photo, then the rest of the shims look to be in order!

Check that all the ports look to be covered by shims, tighten to the correct torque and you should be good to go

*edit* - confirm the diameter of shim 3 in the rebound stack - the OD should be the same as number 1. If its smaller, shuffle it to the back.

Also shim 2 should nest nicely inside the ring shim, not larger or smaller than the ID

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Johnny thanks so much for that but i feel terrible as i put all the shims into a heap and cant work out whats what:madman: so all your hard work of showing me was voided due to my carelessness... i thought they where all much of a much but turns out there not...... learning the hard way i spent the last couple hours possibly 3.... going over them with the calipers working out whats what and mate this shim stuff is not so easy when only 1mm separates overall sizes and .4 odd mm separates thicknesses! i tried to following peters info and i managed to build the compression stack but the rebound was way different! i only hope all this debacle helps another rookie like myself... although finding this all very interesting

Attachments

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This was a pic from when I did the same conversion on my 2018 Super Deluxe. I don't have the sizes on me at the moment unfortunately as they're on a note at home. Hopefully it helps. Essentially put that base plate on the shaft starting at the 1 with the curved part facing away from the rebound adjuster, then load each shim on from there, going from right to left. The bottom row is beneath the piston, the top row above it, finally ending in the piston nut.

Text Technology Electronic device Font Electronics

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was a pic from when I did the same conversion on my 2018 Super Deluxe. I don't have the sizes on me at the moment unfortunately as they're on a note at home. Hopefully it helps. Essentially put that base plate on the shaft starting at the 1 with the curved part facing away from the rebound adjuster, then load each shim on from there, going from right to left. The bottom row is beneath the piston, the top row above it, finally ending in the piston nut.

View attachment 1275795
yeah mate super keen if you could that would be wicked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.