Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have Rockshox Revelation RLT 140mm 2012 forks of which the stanchions are worn. I saw some used stanchions for sale and wondered if these are compatible, they are Rockshox Revelation rlt Csu 26 dual air u turn 32mm pike crown 150mm.

I brought the forks second-hand, but non the rebound and motion control works, so I am going to do a service on them so thought this could be a opportunity to give them some life getting these stanchions. As I have only watched videos on fork servicing and never done this, I do not know what makes one stanchion compatible with another? All I can see is mine are 140mm and these stanchions are 150mm. Both are RLT forks, 32mm but mine are not U turn. Length of Stanchions I haver been told is 28cm

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
404 Posts
Old Pikes and Relevations are basically the same. All the tech is in the CSU, the lowers just slide on. If they fit, they fit. This was done quite often those days to swap from 9mm to 20mm axle.
If you want to know exactly, check rockshox spareparts catalogue pre 2016 (archive).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Would the fork travel length be in the stanctions or the lowers?

I'd be transferring all the inners from mine to the new stanctions. I cant find the model if the stanctions the fork it was from.

Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your 2012 Revelation can also be extended to 150mm travel by removing a 10mm spacer from your air spring.

If the used CSU is a U-Turn then it probably ran a coil spring. Those U-Turn coil forks had a thin plastic liner in the spring leg to protect the stanchion surface from damage but if the owner didn't maintain the fork well they often have inner stanchion damage from metal to metal spring to stanchion contact - this damage is incompatible with an air spring.

Your 2012 lowers are compatible with any 32mm Revelation CSU (26" and 27.5"), any 32mm Pike CSU, any Recon CSU (26" and 27.5") with a 100mm non-boost axle width, and any Sektor CSU (26" and 27.5") with a 100mm non-boost axle width. You could also install any Tora CSU if that is your only choice. The stanchions on all these CSU's are the same length.

Reactions: Rectro46

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your 2012 Revelation can also be extended to 150mm travel by removing a 10mm spacer from your air spring.

If the used CSU is a U-Turn then it probably ran a coil spring. Those U-Turn coil forks had a thin plastic liner in the spring leg to protect the stanchion surface from damage but if the owner didn't maintain the fork well they often have inner stanchion damage from metal to metal spring to stanchion contact - this damage is incompatible with an air spring.

Your 2012 lowers are compatible with any 32mm Revelation CSU (26" and 27.5"), any 32mm Pike CSU, any Recon CSU (26" and 27.5") with a 100mm non-boost axle width, and any Sektor CSU (26" and 27.5") with a 100mm non-boost axle width. You could also install any Tora CSU if that is your only choice. The stanchions on all these CSU's are the same length.
Thankyou thats perfect. This realy opens things up for me now. As the damper does not seem to be working at all along with the rebound I need to try to see if there is any other issues before I get more stanchions. The point about coil vs airsprings is somthing I can ask the person now.

Here is the link to the stanchions Im looking at getting.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
You do know that in that era RS had Air U-turn don't you?

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update, I brought the Sanchions, let you know how the rebuild goes. Thanks for all your hellp. These sanchions look more gold than mine, my is rather darker, less shiny. d they use different types of coatings?

Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's a 2011 CSU, it should be roughly the same shade as yours. It's just colouring in the aluminium anodizing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.