Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know RS products are pretty unreliable. But a lot of the customers who make waves tolerate it because of very good customer service. I don't know about Europe but here in Asia it's just pathetic.
I assume in other countries where the importer is on top of things it's not so bad but here in the Philippines over the past 3-4 years my RS Totem 2-step has spent almost 1 year total in warranty, not more because I refuse to send it back again. Totally willing to get it replaced with a more reliable product, boxxer or solo air cart what ever it may be, but they always just try to fix my totem. Which usually ends up being just an oil change and after two rides is right back at it or it comes back from service more broken than it did when I sent it. There have been many others with similar experiences. Several times I've contacted the regional HQ in Taiwan to get the ball rolling but recently they have been isolating themselves from contact and further relying on the distributors.

Is there any possible way I can avail of the stellar CS you guys get in North Am? I understand 2-steps are pretty unreliable and it was a mistake getting one but I would really appreciate it if the company tried to at least give me my money's worth on this product.

/rant over

·
Registered
560 Posts
Call SRAM in the U.S. It'll be a pricey call for you, but it will be worth it. I assume you have all of the warranty repair paperwork from when you have sent it off previously? Even though the fork is out if warranty, call them and see if they will get you set up. Shipping it to them to fix is fairly quick these days. I've sent stuff to my wife's relatives in Manila and it takes only a week or so, so you won't have that much down time.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 07 totally crapped out one day and I was forced to send it in for warranty and (after a 4 month wait) got a 2010 2-step. Since then it's gone through a few warranty services and a blown up damper.

I've tried emailing SRAM USA with same concern and they just redirected me to SRAM Taiwan. Perhaps calling them would work better at bypassing standard procedure. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.