Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've got a 1999 Rockshox SID dual air and the negative chamber will not hold air. I try pumping it up to 100psi and the gauge just comes back down to zero. It also spits out oil when I remove the pump. Do you guys think that if I get some enduro seals and rebuild the shock, this will fix this problem? ;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hmmm a TEN year old fork that sounds like it has never (that you know of) seen service......

You will have to pull it apart and do some triage. There are tech docs on the rock shocx site under 'service' that should get you started. WIthout a better description of what is exactly going on (how much oil, form where, does it leak any where else, does it even move smoothly any more, worn stanchions, etc, etc) it is pretty hard to guess what exact issues a 10 year old fork might have.

If all of the metal parts are OK, you will most likely need to replace all of the internal seals/o-rings at the least. New stanchion seals would not be a bad idea either, but if 'real parts' are bad....it is not really worth the time or $$.

·
Registered
49 Posts
piston seal

Most likely the o-ring piston seal that seperates the positive and negative air chambers. If your air pressure in the positive air chamber increases when you put air in the negative side than you most definately need to replace the piston seal o-ring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts