Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this used DirtJumper last year. I've no idea its history or vintage. I want to rebuild the fork (labelled as a SEKTOR RL). I read the serial number on the crown as 33t00048441. The RockShox serial number lookup says this is a bad number. Am I mis-reading it? I would like to know the correct model, because I have found references to this shock being from as early as 2012 through sometime recent. I would like to find the right manual and right replacement service kit for it.

· Registered
117 Posts
Your fork is too old for the serial number lookup. That is a 2011 Sektor Gold manufactured in 2010, the 33d week.

That Sektor Gold uses the same service kits as the Recon Gold.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your fork is too old for the serial number lookup. That is a 2011 Sektor Gold manufactured in 2010, the 33d week.

That Sektor Gold uses the same service kits as the Recon Gold.
Hey thanks for that. I found 2012-2016 era rebuild kit in the USA... Presuming this will work. 2012-2016 era rebuild kit These kits (not just the Sektor's but other Rockshox forks I own) are shamefully hard to get hold of, especially when they're supposed to be used every 50 or 200 hours....

· Registered
117 Posts
Yes that will work. But those grey dust seals are old style high friction seals that don't perform well and are out of production, that is probably old stock. Their current dust seals look like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.