Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering, the 2019 RockShox Sektor was redesigned this year. Would it be a worthy upgrade from a 2017 Recon (Salsa Timberjack)? Its $450. Or would it be better just to spend more on a Revelation?

Looks like a solid fork. Also, I have an incredibly hard time finding weight comparisons.

Thanks!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Anything from Rockshox with a Motion Control damper is not much of an upgrade IMHO. It works ok, but if you're spending money to improve how your bike rides better go all the way and get something with a more sophisticated damper.

I have a Yari that I upgraded to Debonair spring, and although it improved the ride, the damper is what's holding the fork back. Given enough repeated hits the fork tends to become overwhelmed, resulting in fatique and loss of traction. Riding smoother trails or ones with less frequent hits it's perfectly fine, but most here are of the rocky/bumpy variety.

·
Registered
396 Posts
am I late to this thread?

have you considered DVO?

the beryl is $599.99 and usually there's a youtuber 15% code (awesomemtb for example, if it hadn't expired).

the sapphire 32 d1 is out of stock (I ordered it with a 20% code); depending on your urgency, you can wait for it.

I ended up getting the sapphire 34 d1 for my timberjack

they all comes in the longest travel configuration, you can either adjust it down to 130mm or 120mm yourself or pay a little more ($25?) when you order it to get them to adjust it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
am I late to this thread?

have you considered DVO?

the beryl is $599.99 and usually there's a youtuber 15% code (awesomemtb for example, if it hadn't expired).

the sapphire 32 d1 is out of stock (I ordered it with a 20% code); depending on your urgency, you can wait for it.

I ended up getting the sapphire 34 d1 for my timberjack

they all comes in the longest travel configuration, you can either adjust it down to 130mm or 120mm yourself or pay a little more ($25?) when you order it to get them to adjust it.
Thanks man!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.