Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First for I posted in the reverb thread but no response yet.

I recently bought a used reverb, did a full bleed but I'm having an issue.

The post works fine for about 10 extensions but then the post sinks about one inch and it will not go down at all. The post is totally locked.

Is this a bleed issue ( just need to re-bleed) or is there something else I should be looking for?

·
There's always next year.
872 Posts
I've had my Reverb for about 8 months now, and my one issue sounded similar to yours. TSA had ripped the hose out at the airport and when I attempted to reinstall and bleed, it would fix the issue at first, but then nothing. Rebleeds didn't help.

What solved the problem of me was replacing hose and the connection hardware (barbs?). Wasn't the cheapest option, but my LBS handled it as a "warranty" which helped me out. Others might have a better idea, but if nothing else, that might inform you of a deeper issue.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhh very interesting..... I'll have to look into that. Maybe the hose or connection had a small leak letting air into the system?

·
There's always next year.
872 Posts
Yah... that's be my very informal guess. My experience has been when 'right' the Reverb blows everything out of the water. If you've got a little issue, its can be harder to track down to the hydraulic nature of it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any one else have any other ideas? I was super happy with it for the 5 minutes it was working, haha.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a reverb stealth and your right it is the best out there. I know that these seat posts are weird about the torque of the seat post clamp. I read that it can cause similar issues. I used torque paste and a low torque and have not had any issues myself. I hope that is all it is so u can get on the trail!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts