Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had rockshox recon installed on my cannondale f5. I ordered them off jenson usa,
They are coil with lockout and uturn. One problem is, the lock out doesnt lock out. The tension doesnt change or nothing. Any suggestions? Also they are supposed to have adjustable travel from 85 to 130. theyll only go up to 120 for some reason. Any suggestions?
I dont know if this is a problem or not for i dont know much about forks, but when i standing on my bike riding and push down a couple times, it doesnt really feel like its 'soaking" up the push. I mean yeah it does some, but there also feels like some abrupt-ion is going on. Any help or advice would be awesome

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
If you search, there are plenty of threads on these.

Anyway, the common reason lockout doesn't work on a new Rock Shox:
There are several things which could be keeping lock out from working on a new fork:
- Since it's a new fork, there a very good chance oil has migrated above the compression damper and is keeping lock out from working. Turn the compression full open (counter clock wise) and cycle the fork several times, then try locking it out again.
- The poploc isn't turning the compression knob far enough. Adjust the poploc cable so when it's engaged, the knob is turned full clock wise.
- RS has a tendency to ships forks low on oil, and low oil in the damper will keep lock out from working. Download the RS service manual and check your damper oil level.
-The Floodgate adjustment is in the full soft position (fully anti-clockwise), and will basically blow off on any hit, essentially disabling lockout.

Set your sag, set your LSC to about 3/4 closed, set your Floodgate to 2 turns closed from full soft, and set your rebound to 1/3 in from full fast. Then actually ride the bike and adjust from there.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Highrock said:
i dont know much about forks, but when i standing on my bike riding and push down a couple times, it doesnt really feel like its 'soaking" up the push. I mean yeah it does some, but there also feels like some abrupt-ion is going on.
does this mean it goes downwith no damping at all then suddenly hits a stop short of full travel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.