Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
No. The negative air pressure affects how easily the fork begins to compress. If it is higher than the pressure in the positive chamber, the fork will feel more plush over small bumps (negative chamber helping to overcome spring) while the positive chamber maintains sufficient pressure to keep you suspended when you drop that ledge. Lesser negative air will make the fork "less plush" because without it the positive (spring) pressure will be less compliant. The negative pressure is said to "increase the active compression stroke."

Also, when you're messing with the settings keep in mind that the negative chamber is much smaller than the positive; thus, any air loss from attaching and removing the shock pump will skew the gauge's readout more-so than with the positive chamber.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thre is an entire thread called "reba fine tunning" on the reba located in the shock/suspension forum. I've been experimenting with my reba the last few rides an am about 120 psi + and 105 psi - Running about 15 less psi in the - allows the fork to ride higher in the travel (not so much sag as the higher - will suck the shock down into it's travel) and I've found there is still good small bump compliance. I got these tips from the thread. I go about 180-185 with gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.