Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing my reba 120mm damper from a remote to a crown lock. I order the crown mount damper listed in rockshox spare parts catalog (11.4015.544.330), but it will not fit. When I measure the bottom of the damper where the o-ring fits it is larger than the remote damper that i removed. The remote damper I removed looks different (more like the DNA style than the new RL style). I have heard that the Reba 120 is a continuation of the Sid B and has a slightly smaller ID diameter sanction. Do I need to order a damper listed for the SID B? Also, looking at the SID B dampers they have a MOCO RL & MOCO RCT3 listed. I know that the RCT3 has a LSC adjust, but besides that does it dampen any better? Also, consider the Charger 2 RCL upgrade, but does not look like they make those anymore for the 120. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I did look at doing that, but they are slight different in design and it wont fit on the new damper.
That's surprising. You don't say how they are a slight different design, but generally the MoCo perforated tube comes in sizes that are common for all stanchion sizes - 30mm, 32mm and 35mm. One exception is the 35 Gold, whose MoCo tube is a 32mm tube. The other is the RCT3, which is unique.

Here's a Reba A7 MoCo on the left next to an old DNA MoCo on the right...

Poppet pulled out and bottom unclipped....

DNA bottom swapped over to the A7 damper and re-assembled....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The metal gate on the bottom of my damper is different (See below). I did not realize that it was easily removable, does it just pop out? Also, is the DNA damper functional different from the newer style in the A7 reba, or does it just look different? I have been toying around with the idea of installing a MOCO RCT3 damper, or possibly upgrading to the Charger 2. Any thoughts on either of those upgrades?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I called rockshox yesterday and solved my mystery. This was after I orders a charger 2 damper upgrade for the Reba 120 and it would not fit (it was 1” too short). Rockshox informed me that the 120mm Reba with 42mm offsets is not a standard production Reba so the Reba 120mm parts do not all fit. The 42mm offset forks are actually built on a 32mm revelation platform with a Reba 26”. The revelation platform is now the same as the Reba 130-150mm fork. Therefore spare parts for the 120mm 42mm offset fork need to reference from the 130-150mm Reba (except for the air shaft). Unfortunately that means I can not install a charger 2 damper in my 120mm Reba. Now I can’t decide if I should just keep this fork with the MOCO damper or sell the fork and buy a Sid Select. Anyone have an opinion if the Sid select is with the upgrade? The fork is installed on a 2021 Specialized Chisel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.