Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly sorry if this has been covered before ive looked on google for ages for info on my problem but cant find anything. I've got a brand new rockshox pike solo air 160mm fork. I set the air pressure up to my riding weight as advised by rockshox which was around 95psi. I took the bike out for its first ride after finishing the build and on my first bit of tech trail the forks lost all there travel and the bike was un ridable I checked the air pressure and it was now at 50psi . The lockout does also not work correctly. Now this is my first ever air fork so I am unsure if my fork is damaged or if I have made a noob error with setting it up. If anyone could advise me I would really appreciate it . Thanks.

·
NMBP
1,151 Posts
Maybe the valve core is a little loose, and just needs snugged up a little? Your shop should have a tool to check. As for the lockout, it will not be totally locked out, you should still be able to compress the shock a small amount. Hopefully it is not faulty, good luck.

·
May contain nuts
2,567 Posts
Bummer on the return to base warranty, that's the risk vs $$ gamble.
I wonder what the general consensus is on Pike long term reliability? Always hard to assess from reviews/and forums... (need a decent sized sample group).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.