Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly sorry if this has been covered before ive looked on google for ages for info on my problem but cant find anything. I've got a brand new rockshox pike solo air 160mm fork. I set the air pressure up to my riding weight as advised by rockshox which was around 95psi. I took the bike out for its first ride after finishing the build and on my first bit of tech trail the forks lost all there travel and the bike was un ridable I checked the air pressure and it was now at 50psi . The lockout does also not work correctly. Now this is my first ever air fork so I am unsure if my fork is damaged or if I have made a noob error with setting it up. If anyone could advise me I would really appreciate it . Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good chance the quad ring on the air spring piston is faulty. Take out the air spring and change that ring. That could fix your problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good chance the quad ring on the air spring piston is faulty. Take out the air spring and change that ring. That could fix your problem.
Possibly I am afraid I may void the warranty opening the fork up though. Just wondered if I had incorrectly set the fork up and that may have been the issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or have RockShox replace it with one that works, maybe the LBS can help. Bummer to have new kit f'd up.
Yeah Im gutted tbh they came from germany so my bikes going to be out of action while they are returned if they will accept that the fork is faulty.

·
NMBP
1,158 Posts
Maybe the valve core is a little loose, and just needs snugged up a little? Your shop should have a tool to check. As for the lockout, it will not be totally locked out, you should still be able to compress the shock a small amount. Hopefully it is not faulty, good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I bought it online from germany and they have requested I send it back to them so it goes back to rockshox on warranty.

·
May contain nuts
2,378 Posts
Bummer on the return to base warranty, that's the risk vs $$ gamble.
I wonder what the general consensus is on Pike long term reliability? Always hard to assess from reviews/and forums... (need a decent sized sample group).

·
Registered
396 Posts
I just got a new Rock Shox Pike fork a couple of days ago and I'm loosing tons of air too. What need up happening with your fork?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts