Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else had any issues with the rear Rockshox Monarch RT3. Mine is losing air like crazy. Set sag at 25%, go out the next day and it is down to 40%? First time it happened, pumped back up to 210lbs and would not go up farther than half way on the travel indicator (sag indicator would not even show it was so far down).

·
SS Pusher Man
7,608 Posts
I had one that was doing the same thing. When I opened it up to replace the air can seals, the inside of the air can was scored. $60 for a new air can.

·
MarkyMark
1,352 Posts
It sounds like your shock is getting stuck down (positive pressure is fine, neg pressure builds up). I had a Monarch+ and it was doing the same thing. It was brand new and I didn't want to deal with it so I returned it for a refund.

Has anybody else had any issues with the rear Rockshox Monarch RT3. Mine is losing air like crazy. Set sag at 25%, go out the next day and it is down to 40%? First time it happened, pumped back up to 210lbs and would not go up farther than half way on the travel indicator (sag indicator would not even show it was so far down).

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had issues with mine and under tear down found an o-ring got pinched (middle one of three in the air can). The rebuild of the debonair is super user friendly and can be all completed with a simple strap wrench (autozone) and a cheap dentistry kit (plastic picks and hooks from walmart). I got my seal kit from fanatik bike for cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts