Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Sette Flite bike which comes with a RS Monarch 3.1 shock.

I couldn't find many reviews on the shock. Is it worth it to replace the shock right from the beginning?

What would be a good replacement for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
THe reviews are kind of mixed on the shock its self http://www.mtbr.com/cat/suspension/rear-shock/rockshox/monarch-3-1/PRD_416345_138crx.aspx

If you get the bike and you dont see anything wrong with the shock then I wouldn't worry about what other people say about it. Ride it until it breaks, then go from there. The Shock should also be warrantied with the bike, so if it fails before the warranty runs out try and get a replacement from PP.

·
Bushwacker
465 Posts
I'v been riding mine for a year. Never leaks. Motion control has lots of adjustability and works well. Lock out works good with just a little give for sharp rocks when climbing. The big can allows for really low air pressure which seems to give a nice linear feel. It's supposed to be easy to rebuild tho I haven't had to yet since I keep it very clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.