Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, coming back to mountain biking after 20 years. Am upgrading the RockShox Pro Deluxe to a RockShox Monarch XX. I bought it assuming that I could use the same mounting kit as was on the Pro Deluxe but the eyelet width looks to be wider on it. Are RockShox eyelets a standard size or are older models wider? I had to get bigger eyelet bushings now trying to sort out the mounting kit!
Thanks
Peter

·
otb club member
3,052 Posts
Hello everyone, coming back to mountain biking after 20 years. Am upgrading the RockShox Pro Deluxe to a RockShox Monarch XX. I bought it assuming that I could use the same mounting kit as was on the Pro Deluxe but the eyelet width looks to be wider on it. Are RockShox eyelets a standard size or are older models wider? I had to get bigger eyelet bushings now trying to sort out the mounting kit!
Thanks
Peter
Around 2010 there was a major change on RockShox rear shocks with regard to mounting standards. Back then almost all shocks used eyelets so there were no trunnion mount options, etc. That approximately 2010 change was to adopt the "Fox" standard. The simplest way to keep the standards straight is to discuss the metric ID of the bare eyelet (i.e. bushing removed). This "new" RockShox standard (existing Fox standard) is a 15mm eyelet bore. All RockShox rear shock eyelets going forward from that change not only had the same ID, but the eyelet width will always be a nominal 12.7mm. Different shaped ridges or other casting features may alter the appearance, so, when in doubt, measure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.