Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as has been pointed out elsewhere here, the RS website isn't much help as they pretty much list the same features for multiple configurations/options, some w/ no photos even... (not sure why the mfg can't be bothered to snap a pic of the current product offering for the marketing dept? :skep:)

anyway, for me actually it is useless because i'm looking for info on the 2009 lineup.

apparently i wasn't paying attention last year, so can someone clue me in:

specifically, what are my options for travel adjust (u turn, air, dual-air?) in the 90-130 range? i'm assuming this puts me in either a revelation or reba, correct? so what range goes w/ what fork model? (again, 2009) and is travel the only difference between the reba and rev?

thanks in advance.

P.S. forgot to mention i want a maxle-lite. ;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Wow, I am pretty buzzed, and have eaten a few pain killers (I have a BAD back..screws plates etc) and it took me no longer than about 30 seconds to find the answers to your questiions. What models, what features, what travel....it is all there (sram) pretty much plain as day....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
gotdirt said:
as has been pointed out elsewhere here, the RS website isn't much help as they pretty much list the same features for multiple configurations/options, some w/ no photos even... (not sure why the mfg can't be bothered to snap a pic of the current product offering for the marketing dept? :skep:)

anyway, for me actually it is useless because i'm looking for info on the 2009 lineup.

specifically, what are my options for travel adjust (u turn, air, dual-air?) in the 90-130 range? i'm assuming this puts me in either a revelation or reba, correct? so what range goes w/ what fork model? (again, 2009) and is travel the only difference between the reba and rev?

thanks in advance.

Pike, Air U-turn 95-140mm. No maxle lite, but its only 50g and upgradeable if wanted.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
15,211 Posts
gotdirt said:

thanks in advance.

Agreed, the site sucks @ss. I'm not sure how the guy above got the info on all the models in 30 seconds. For each model (Pike, Lyric, Reba..), you need to go through every single variant individually (in some cases that would be 17 variants) and then click on the tech specs, and then the info you get will sometimes conflict with the overall model info or info elsewhere on the site.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kapusta said:
Agreed, the site sucks @ss. I'm not sure how the guy above got the info on all the models in 30 seconds. For each model (Pike, Lyric, Reba..), you need to go through every single variant individually (in some cases that would be 17 variants) and then click on the tech specs, and then the info you get will sometimes conflict with the overall model info or info elsewhere on the site.
bingo!
bad interface design for sure (not to mention the dropdown product menu doesn't work-or work well-in firefox).

i'm pretty sure last year you could also choose between '08 and '09 info, too, which is quite helpful especially at the end of the year when consumers could be considering either...

still looking for complete '09 info, btw. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.