Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just installed a Charger 2.1 RC2 upgrade kit in my Lyrik but I cant see where the plastic washer goes that came with the upgrade kit.

Has anyone installed one yet using the plastic WASHER?
It seems like it should go on top of the High speed compression knob, then the Low speed knob but the low speed dial sits too high and wont screw in..

Maybe its for the Yari?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can't be a crush washer...Ive had a few mtb forks and a crush washer goes around the foot bolt and is recessed into the bottom of the head..

t
This is the size of a dime . in the kit it was loosly on top of the high speed compression knob RC2..

It doesnt logically fit anywhere and I cant seem to pull up a parts diagram or service manual showing it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well maybe Dougal your right. I just sized up the washer with the damper side foot bolt and it looks like a match. I reused the old one because I had just done a 50 hr service and the crush washer was still good.

the kit came with a new damper side footbolt probably designed with that crush washer .maybe I should switch it out

·
Registered
11,837 Posts
Well maybe Dougal your right. I just sized up the washer with the damper side foot bolt and it looks like a match. I reused the old one because I had just done a 50 hr service and the crush washer was still good.

the kit came with a new damper side footbolt probably designed with that crush washer .maybe I should switch it out
It's a big crush-washer, so big it doesn't get crushed out of shape and can be re-used. They originally came on Boxxer damper side, but now they're on Lyrik damper side too. Can't recall about Pike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.