Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a problem with rockshock xc32 29" + remote lockout. When I lock it in on handlebar then it locks nicely.

Unfortunately after I release it it doesn't go back to original position.
This actual locking part (blue) https://www.alpineelement.com/f/product/normal_Hyperon_1.0_d2.jpg
stays at locked position.

I can use my hand directly on that part and simply turn it to the unlocked position.

Now why it doesn't move automaticly (after releasing lock on handlebar), some sprint inside fork broke? Are there any photos/diagrams on how this locking mechanism looks inside?

Edit: someone else with the same problem but no solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vekiRPjENWs

·
Registered
580 Posts
Was it working properly before? If so, yes, the return spring is broken or has become unseated. I don't think Sram sells the spring separately so your two options are to find/fix the spring by visiting your local hardware store or to buy a new remote damper. If you don't have a MoCo damper, now would be an excellent opportunity to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was working fine. Are there any diagrams on where/how the sprint should be seated (since this isn't obvious) for this fork? (found diagrams for older forks but not this one)

·
Registered
580 Posts
It was working fine. Are there any diagrams on where/how the sprint should be seated (since this isn't obvious) for this fork? (found diagrams for older forks but not this one)
Not sure you'll find a diagram that detailed on Sram's website but you should be able to visually check if the spring is snapped or unseated. If it is unseated, the end goal is to have the spring pre-loaded again. The spring and damper should be fairly similar to other models. Sorry if this wasn't as helpful as you were hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts