Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the ads on VS today and decided to check it out. I think it is hilarious how these roadie guys are going with the skull and bones theme to look like bad boys and have that cool factor. Where do you think they got it from ???

Don't they get it??? I bet all those cool roadies are going to be dressed to the hilt in that gear this year. Out goes the discover jersey and shorts, in comes the rock racing stuff.

Well if you disliked roadies before, you are really gonna hate them now.

Next.....you'll see them with tatoos and shorts. NOT .....

·
wanna dance?
1,074 Posts
Well, that is delightfully atrocious. Like putting some huge West Coast Ridazz graphic on a shiny new dodge neon. And a wing. meep meep, I'm a badazz, lookame! Looks like some kid spent about 5 minutes making those graphics.

Not to mention how silly I'd feel walking around in this all day:

Oh, does it? I guess it does, if you have a big yellow shirt that says so. I'll make a note of it. Cycling... lesse, what was it again? Ah, rocks, yes. Ok, understood. Cycling... rocks. And what the hell is Rock & Republic supposed to mean? Dumb.

But erm... don't they get what?

Mountain bikers didn't invent tattoos, and we didn't bring them to pop culture. Music, mtv, and bored suburban kids did. If you want to find cyclings gritty, hardcore roots, it has less to do with that prepackaged candy-apple shtikickin bullhsit image, and all to do with what that image used to signify, which is what road cycling and especially track racing was built upon.

Or are you insinuating that non-mtb cyclists are wusses? Cause, nevermind how off-base that assumption would be, but you'll find most of the better MTBers are also roadies.

...and I'm not talking about myself here.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you call "better" MTBers??

Or are you insinuating that non-mtb cyclists are wusses? Cause, nevermind how off-base that assumption would be, but you'll find most of the better MTBers are also roadies.

You mean those guys tearing up the track with full lycra suits, no tools, and heart beat monitor on???? or are you talking about the guys out there to have a great time mixing it up and having a great time doing it??? even if we have to push the bikes to the top in order to come tearing down......

·
Banned
226 Posts
It's about as impressive as fat moutainbikers with full body armor and two helmets pushing their bikes up slight inclines if they are longer than 20 yards.

BTW, pro mtnbikers train on road bikes more than on their mtn rides. I don't believe they wear baggy shorts either.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone bold enough to wear skull and cross bones ...

should have the bacckground to do so , otherwise they are just PU_ _ ys trying to look like a bad ass.

Case in point, when we hold the Jamaican Fat Tire festival, the one thing we go out of our way to do is NOT invite some guy there for the wrong reasons.

www.smorba.com

This festival is all about FUN. Drinking copious amounts of beer and rum, late nights, go go clubs, starting out whenever everyone get's up in the morning. The people that come to our festival are more justified in wearing something like that because they don't follow the rules. Hell they could'nt give a crap.

Roadies on the other hand are completely opposite. They don't drink much if at all, they go to bed early so that they will ride well, they get really pissed off if you tell them to meet you at 9:00 and you leave at 10:00. When they ride, it is like they have tunnel vision, they don't see anything going on around them.....just that heard beat monitor. Oh, they love to wear those bright colored jerseys....why is that???

·
wanna dance?
1,074 Posts
YaMon said:
You mean those guys tearing up the track with full lycra suits, no tools, and heart beat monitor on???? or are you talking about the guys out there to have a great time mixing it up and having a great time doing it??? even if we have to push the bikes to the top in order to come tearing down......
So that is what you meant. I get it, you're one of those guys. Good luck with that.

But what the... what are you talking about now...

I just wrote an explanation detailing how improving as a cyclist works, and the difference between a better mountain biker and a better partier, and what you're in store for as a Pusher, and the many reasons why you would do extremely well for yourself to check out a velodrome, but in the end, it was so much, that I decided that your particular level of ignorance is indeed bliss afterall, and I wouldn't want to ruin your day.

Toodaloo,

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn't think you would get it....

I just wrote an explanation detailing how improving as a cyclist works, and the difference between a better mountain biker and a better partier, and what you're in store for as a Pusher, and the many reasons why you would do extremely well for yourself to check out a velodrome, but in the end, it was so much, that I decided that your particular level of ignorance is indeed bliss afterall, and I wouldn't want to ruin your day.

Forget it...if i have to go into detail, you would never get it anyways.

·
wanna dance?
1,074 Posts
strangeland2 said:
What exactly is this thread about?
It looks like it's about some really cheesy jerseys, but it turns out, it's actually about the OP's gross lack of knowledge and experience in mountain biking, the importance he places on marketing imagery, and how embarrasingly gullible he is to believe and repeat everything he reads on a DH board populated by 13 year old kids. Mostly, it's about his ability to thoroughly put his foot inextricably into his mouth with every new post.

Don't stop, yamon, you're doin great.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
Why are so many people so worried about what other people ride, how they ride it, where they ride it, and what they wear while doing said riding? If said other rider is outside, riding a bike,a nd having a good time...Why the hell do so many people seem to get so worked up over the particulars?

Sh#t, just go ride your damn bikes.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would think the real issue at hand is that the squad is almost entirely made up of riders who have all been in trouble for doping at some point in their career (I know I know... not saying a whole lot in pro-cycling) and has made it a rather large marketing point as well. To hell with the crappy kits, who wants to get behind a team like that?

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
scrublover said:
Why are so many people so worried about what other people ride, how they ride it, where they ride it, and what they wear while doing said riding? If said other rider is outside, riding a bike,a nd having a good time...Why the hell do so many people seem to get so worked up over the particulars?

Sh#t, just go ride your damn bikes.
I'd agree if you didn't suck so much. Besides, we all know mtber's in Primal Wear gear are the real losers.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
singletrack said:
I'd agree if you didn't suck so much. Besides, we all know mtber's in Primal Wear gear are the real losers.
True.

i can't wait until they release the new electrolux jersey. so. core.

·
i also unicycle
2,043 Posts
yeah, uh, if you have any involvement/pay any attention to the press about road cycling, this rock racing thing has been beaten to death about 100 different ways already. not only is it somewhat old news, the OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.