Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Giant Reign Advanced 1
776 Posts
Hi there, croatians.
Please, help with actual info about bike parks or some goood terrains for enduro|all-m riding in Croatia...

I'm going to visit Zagreb for a month (I hope) and the wuestion is - should I bring my rig with me IF there are some interesting parks or trails to ride?

For now, I don't see any BP in Hrv - Bike Park Locator Map / Worldbikeparks (

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not Croatian, but I've found the English language websites to be generally poorly with trails and bike parks in Central/Eastern Europe. If I was going to Zagreb, I'd definitely take my bike - I have a feeling it'll be easier to figure it out when you get there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hopefully a bike bag fee isn't going to break the bank for you - if I was going somewhere for a month and I had the option to take my bike, I'd take it. Coming from Warsaw, Zagreb looks like a fantastic place to ride.

Bottom line is : locals are always riding something and Zagreb is at the beginning of a small mountain chain, so I imagine they're riding something not too bad. You're also not far from the tail end of the Alps in Slovenia, mountains before you hit Dalmatia. I drove through Croatia twice and it's beautiful country.

·
Giant Reign Advanced 1
776 Posts
Hopefully a bike bag fee isn't going to break the bank for you - if I was going somewhere for a month and I had the option to take my bike, I'd take it. Coming from Warsaw, Zagreb looks like a fantastic place to ride.

Bottom line is : locals are always riding something and Zagreb is at the beginning of a small mountain chain, so I imagine they're riding something not too bad. You're also not far from the tail end of the Alps in Slovenia, mountains before you hit Dalmatia. I drove through Croatia twice and it's beautiful country.
i've been to Croatia few times, each one was almost for whole summer. I was on car, traveled a lot, but never focused on places for MTBing.. Now, I'm going not by car, so if there is not rather interesting trails than I would not take my bike with me..
)

People say there are something nearby Zagreb - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itzllO4Y7XM, well, not bad.

But as far as I found out - no any Bike Park (with Lift) at all on whole Croatia... (

1 - 7 of 7 Posts