Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i can't type the letter s
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of recent controversies, we here at whycantwebelikejohnlennonandyokoonowherethereisnoheavenaboveuslonlysky.org would like to create a thread in which you can only post pictures here of yourself riding flat pedals along with the additional requisite considerations below.

As stated, all pictures should demonstrate skills on flats only. In addition, we don't want to see any of you poseurs posting up shots with technology beyond your capabilities; you must only post shots of yourself, or others, on bikes that reach expressed level shown in pictures while the technology within, does not exceed that level demonstrated in photo. If controversy ensues over skill level demonstrated, then the poster has an obligation to post another pic demonstrating skill level equals technology, but technology does not exceed skill level, In addition if you own a Jones, you are not allowed to post here. The obligations, and agreements to those obligations expressed, ensure a thread, free of controversy, where one can post without being denigrated, disrespected or generally misunderstood by his/her fellow cyclists.

If you post a pic either of a Jones, of you or another clipped in, or of you or yourself on a bike that is clearly and expressly stated in manufacturer's manual as intended to be ridden beyond the photographic evidence presented in photos, we here at whycantwebelikejohnlennonandyokoonowherethereisnoheavenaboveuslonlysky.org, at our sole discretion, have the authority to request the deletion of offending photo.

We should have a goal here at Turner/MTBR that creates a harmonious environment free of criticism and complaint where all participants can be edified by sober wisdom and respectful dialogue.

Thank you for your cooperation and have a good day free of turmoil and controversy.

Addendum 1: Photos of riders with clipless pedals will be allowed if the poster does not own a Jones. If questions or concerns are raised, refer to ad nauseum in dictionary for clarification.

See how happy we are here at whycantwebelikejohnlennonandyokoonowherethereisnoheavenaboveuslonlysky.org

You too can be this happy!

Helmet Shoe Bag Luggage and bags Adventure

Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle helmet

Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle Recreation Plant community

I personally don't even want to see any offense, not even in my periphery.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
got you covered!

walking up is sooo much nicer in 5-10's, and this guy really appreciates his ICT when he's pushing his bike :p.

and don't expect to win Homerworx clipped in!
and yes, I am doing this on purpose...

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
On Cowboy up, keystone resort, Co.:

At Palmer park, Colorado springs; pic was taken on a group ride with he who stalks me here:

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
That list of guidelines gave me a headache... now where did that other thread go?

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Bikezilla said:
That list of guidelines gave me a headache... now where did that other thread go?
agreed.
demanding little beyotch, aren't you Yoko...

;)

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,451 Posts
Renegade said:
At Palmer park, Colorado springs; pic was taken on a group ride with he who stalks me here:
Oh, how I wish Palmer was closer...

My new tranny stepdown pedals rock!

·
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, the irony of it all. Those who are deficit attentioned these pics are fine examples from a variety of my favorite things.

Wheel Bicycle wheel Plant community Soil Carnivore

Motorcycle Automotive design Headlamp Automotive lighting Automotive tire

And my personal favorite as exemplar:

Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle

Attachments

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Huckin' kitty is still my hero! :thumbsup:

*all good pix, btw

...now I feel like festooning something.....or someone....

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
I thought that ledging up would be the toughest technique to get used to on flats... it was one of the easiest.

Early Turner Cowan prototype at a Team Sanchez testing facility. I had to sneak in because of my Goater wear and full leg armor...

The shin guards came in handy at first, and I would only ride in 5.10s (although I guess I am wearing Vans in these pics). Now that I am used to flats I don't bother with either on trail rides. 5.10s are a crutch.

JMH

Attachments

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
mouse jockey said:
We should have a goal here at Turner/MTBR that creates a harmonious environment free of criticism and complaint where all participants can be edified by sober wisdom and respectful dialogue
Put the crack pipe DOWN.

Or else share. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I like flats.
Flats are good.
Flats are great.
Flats are the best thing since sliced bread.
Once you get the hang of them.
Hasn't happened yet.
Until then I have a feeling I may NEED a crutch after every drop I do.
Hasn't happened yet either.
Maybe it will today? :eek:

·
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Random Drivel said:
Put the crack pipe DOWN.

Or else share. :thumbsup:
I still have my house so it's not abuse, okay?

I miss the SuperBowls when Up with People was the halftime entertainment. Up, up with people with songs like:

What color is God's skin?
Freedom isn't free!
Can we sing a song of peace?
Everybody CAN love.
Colorado!

and of course my personal favorite....A bicycle built for two!

We need that kind of get together'ness that only flats and riding up to your technological means can offer apart from Jones.

String instrument Smile Musical instrument People Violin family

C'mon guys I want you to be just like me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts