Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mama Tried
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to visit family in mid August and was wondering if there were any trails in the Rockland county area to get my fix while visiting.

I have 2 trails I'm planning on riding as well Ringwood and a trail that connects Haverstraw quarry to Nyack beach park?

Any other trail suggestions are highly welcomed. Thanks

·
Mama Tried
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hook mtn , High Tor and the old army base in Piermont
I know I can get to hook mtn from the nyack beach park and Piermont (old army base) I think I have directions, but High Tor is this in the new city vacinity?

Thanks Harry

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Harry:

You might want to try Graham Hills, across from Pace University in Pleasantville, and Sprain Brook Park in the Yonkers area. Both in Westchester but they aren't too far away. What's this Nyack Beach route you speak of? I live right there and it looks wicked steep and rocky. There are trails in there?

Kat

·
Mama Tried
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
superkat7, Thanks for the info. I've heard there is a trail from hook mtn to the qaurry on 9w right before you approach haverstraw or you may even enter at rockland lake park. This will be 1 of the trails I explore when I make my visit in August. Also, do have any info on a trail in the high tor park area? I've been searching the internet for a mtb club in rockland county with no luck have any info on any clubs? I will visit the westchester club(http://www.WMBA.org) today for clues on trails in rockland county.

Thanks

G

·
The trail from nyack beach to rockland lake/Haversraw is a fire road on the riverbank. It is basically flat.

Some people ride on the top of the hook mountain ridge but this is a hiking train and you will have to walk many sections.

The old army base (Clausland mountain state park) has miles and miles of great trails.

There are entrances to the trail network from the old Nike missile base park at the top of highland avenue, in Blauvelt behind the old Volkswagen parts distribution facility, in Blauvelt at the Tackamack park parking lot, and at various locations along highland ave. This place is a smaller and less rocky version of Ringwood state park in NJ.

·
Mama Tried
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for advice and directions. I will give a shout out when I am closer to my visit date and see if anyone is available for a tour of clausland and ringwood.

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.