Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend in Springdale for some warm, sunny riding. Did Slickrock Swamp on Friday afternoon, rode Gooseberry on Saturday.

Dusty- Thanks to your friend for the attempted ride hookup, but my phone was in my coat when I was at the Mean Bean and I missed the call! Sorry about that, tell him I appreciate the effort. We went hiking up in Kolob Canyon for a bit instead.

Below, Chuky attempts fruitlessly to girl-handle the big tree chute on SRS. Not visible below both frames is the steep left-hander into the chute.

JMH

Attachments

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
That's a fun series of moves. You roll out onto the big rock below where Chuky chunked it (to the right in the pic below), ride in a clockwise pig-tail and then either wuss down the gulley...

...or take the Albino Latino route:

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
tscheezy said:
That's a fun series of moves. You roll out onto the big rock below where Chuky chunked it (to the right in the pic below), ride in a clockwise pig-tail and then either wuss down the gulley... or take the Albino Latino route:
Did you ride it straight down the face where Chuky and I went? Or have you seen someone turn the switchback? That was scary tight and I didn't even try it. (coming in from the extreme right in the pics of Chuky)

I wussed down the gulley line and was glad to clean it! I am definitely out of practice. But with the temps rising and the snow melting, maybe we are going to have an extra month or more of riding this year... can't wait.

JMH

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Tscheezy--good to see you're still alive and postin'

tscheezy said:
That's a fun series of moves. You roll out onto the big rock below where Chuky chunked it (to the right in the pic below), ride in a clockwise pig-tail and then either wuss down the gulley...

...or take the Albino Latino route:

Seems like you take more flack than is warranted for your views (never from me) but I always enjoy what you have to say. There, I've said it. And are you taking a short travel Turner to Utah next time?

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I suppose it is technically possible to take a hard left and drop immediately into the gulley, but it would be extremely difficult. It is easier to continue straight ahead where Chuky is pointing (before bailing) and ride onto the big boulder, ride a very, very tight clockwise 270 degree loop, and then enter the gulley (like I did).

Yep, I'm still around. Our next trip is to Arizona in March. We'll both be on 6-Packs. Mine is 7x7, hers 6x6.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, you can see my front and rear tire tracks in the dirt where I turned straight down into the chute off the rock face. Were you just out here? Or are those old photos?

JMH

tscheezy said:
I suppose it is technically possible to take a hard left and drop immediately into the gulley, but it would be extremely difficult. It is easier to continue straight ahead where Chuky is pointing (before bailing) and ride onto the big boulder, ride a very, very tight clockwise 270 degree loop, and then enter the gulley (like I did).

Yep, I'm still around. Our next trip is to Arizona in March. We'll both be on 6-Packs. Mine is 7x7, hers 6x6.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Nice pics! I love that trail. I have to admit Ive never cleaned that paticular spot. Closest I ever came was half way down I ended up crashing/leaning against the tree. Im more of a pick a good line than huck and that huck is above my comfort level. Maybe I should invest in some armor:) Thanks for the shots,

Shawn

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few more

You'll crush it next time! The venerable crash/lean is really just a dab... and a dab is only one step away from cleaning something, right?:D

Shin/knee protection IS nice on that rough rock... Plastic Courage.:thumbsup:

A few more pics, although the last one is from Gooseberry and not SRS.

JMH

Redmon said:
Nice pics! I love that trail. I have to admit Ive never cleaned that paticular spot. Closest I ever came was half way down I ended up crashing/leaning against the tree. Im more of a pick a good line than huck and that huck is above my comfort level. Maybe I should invest in some armor:) Thanks for the shots,

Shawn

Attachments

·
Chris Bling
2,594 Posts
man, i wish i could of come

glad to hear that you had a fun time. make sure and let me know when you come down again. i would love to go to the swamp, i still have not been. anyway, have fun up in the snow and inversion

dusty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.