Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
9 lives
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rockin' it at blue today. It was hot. Showcase opened (a bit too dry but the dh cats were happy)

Singlesprocket launching Grab Bag

And dropping in on Squeaker

Brie dropped by

I love the drop at Squeaker!

Banging rock tunes (too awesome) on top of blue

I agree dh is sexy

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
the weather on friday was awesome, late afternoon the temps where perfect with a nice breeze coming off the bay. the band on the top of the hill was a nice touch.

tried some new lines and drops, had to sniper in between trees to make it work. brie nailed the filter on squeaker as well as cyclelicious.

·
9 lives
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting speed from the top

Brie threading the needle

Followed by me! My first time nailing Squeaker cleanly

Very decent way to wind down a successful and fun day. This is going to be a great summer!

·
Perpetual Hack
2,187 Posts
Was up on Thursday.
Temps were great considering - hot but not unbearable - nice breeze uptop.
Showcase was loose and rough. Lots of kitty-litter. Some nice rollers added and some lips beefed up - but - if you want to play you better have yer moto on.

Everything was dry dry dry, ie the big hill on shot-glass was pretty much a locked up slalom through the trees - deep dust - just no traction, and the braking bumps on the collector coming into some of the wooded sections were brutal. Water crossings are pretty much dry - no mud splatter for me. Deep dust was quite present on the black trails on the steeps - One of our crew grenaded the stem on his Demo while doubling the root-ball steps down squeaker - result one broken radius and one trashed Atherton Pro stem. He doubled - came down clean then washed in the deep dust into a hole, compressed hard - snap and down he went.

Have fun, but take an easy run down a trail before you open the throttle - there are quite a few places to catch you out. The place needs a good soaking and some TLC.

michael

Reactions: cyclelicious

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
yeah, you had to make sure you had enough speed to clear the section and not clip any trees.

·
9 lives
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heading up to blue today
Trail conditions should be top shelf following yesterday's rain.

550565_10151032041226454_869504461_n.jpg

·
Perpetual Hack
2,187 Posts
Now THAT is cornering hard!!!

Love the pic :thumbsup:

michael

·
9 lives
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol that dog is stylin his whips

Had another super day at blue. Trails were primo, the air was fresh and saw lots of happy faces

I'm nailing the filter at Squeaker... threading the needle and its a close second to Grab Bag as my favorite trail.

P7080277.jpg

·
9 lives
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The filter on Squeaker is crazy. It starts with a 1 metre drop then a very steep narrow trench. You have to hit it right and position the pedals just so. After that the rest is more crazy steep and rooty. I;m loving it!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Great pictures! We ventured up to Blue yesterday, and they were closed in the morning due to the rain.

We rode most of the trails in the afternoon, but squeeker and a few Ochute are closed :(

Somehow, the wall didn't have a rope with the closed sign, so we rode it a few times. The slick limestone at the beginning totally owned me. I got tossed over the bars a few times, but it was all good fun!

I'm working on a crash video edit. I'll post a link when it's done.

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
lol, the wall. you really have to hang the caboose of the back for that one.

·
9 lives
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Wall has some tricky switch backs, Here is singlesprocket stylin. He hucked the rock drop then surfed the shale clean... I couldn't believe it!

The Wall is deceivingly tough

·
9 lives
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Loved the vid! Good edits Macming

I've had my share of going off berms, hugging trees and just getting squirrely. I laugh shake it off and keep riding too

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Loved the vid! Good edits Macming

I've had my share of going off berms, hugging trees and just getting squirrely. I laugh shake it off and keep riding too

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks! I thought it'd be fun to watch all the crashes.

I had a great save on the first berm after the trail filter of show case. The front tire started sliding, and the rear tire went outside the berm. I had to counter steer and power the bike straight. I wish I got that on video!

shred the gnar! or chase the cheese!
I really need to ride DH more. Chatham is so far away from anything good for MTBing :) You still got the M9?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts