Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ride, run or hike RockHouse trail in the Sweetwater area of Chula Vista please join us on Saturday July 25th from 7:30 am to 11:00 am. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will conduct a trail users survey. Now is your chance to let them know why this trail is important to you and your family. They are on the early stages of making this trail legal, let them know that keeping the challenging singletrack is important for us, show up at the trailhead near the end of Paseo Veracruz in Chula Vista. We the Bonita Bikers and SDMBA will be there, would you?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be there without a doubt! Love my local South Bay trails. Will spread the word!
Thanks so much and please do spread the word. People don't need to go up Rockhouse if they don't have the time, just stop by the booth and fill up the survey and it would be a mayor help. Thanks!! :)

·
IPA tester
1,300 Posts
I'm not there too much and don't live in that area but do plan on being there to sign in and show support.
Thanks for your hard work! :thumbsup:

·
Who's riding today?
1,386 Posts
Rock House: In the calendar! Enjoy that wicked climb, nay not really. Appreciate the trail preservation efforts, BIG TIME!

See ya there!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Chula Vista look up Paseo Veracruz street, go to the end of the street and you'll see the trailhead. If you want to ride Rockhouse I'll give you directions from there, very easy to find.
Where is the meeting spot? I haven't been to rock house yet.

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,926 Posts
Maybe if you would show up once in awhile to our North County projects, I might be inclined to show up and down there :)

I will see you next week.. I will try to bring the kids too just for a little more impact. Keep fighting the good fight. Don't get discouraged. It is going to be a very long road.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're funny, if only you'll hire a real chef to cook the burgers next trailwork day ;) It wold be awesome to see you and the kids there, thanks!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would be awesome, tell Jason I'll take a picture of him if he shows up, he'll get a kick out of that. Bring as many friends you can please.
I will this along to my friends. I also let Jason from Chainline know. Maybe make a group ride out of it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks so much to everyone that came today for this survey event. Over 300 bike riders, hikers and runners filled the survey!! The land managers are overwhelmed with the amount of support to build a sustainable trail at RockHouse. This was a great first step for that goal, more events and trailwork days to come. Thank you again!! :)

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,926 Posts
Fantastic job getting it out there, Jose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts