Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2010 Giant Yukon that I absolutely love, but recently my dad has been wanting to ride with me. He asked if he could buy my Yukon from me so I could upgrade bikes.

I'm all in for this idea but I'm not sure what bike to get.. So I've been looking online and came across the Rockhopper, I've been comparing components, reading threads on here, etc.

I'm a little concerned about the 80mm fork on the Specialized, I ride mainly singletrack and I'm worried about bottoming it out constantly. So if anyone could educate me a little bit on RH that would be great.

For the record, I do not have a LBS, closest one is 100 miles away. I will test the RH before making a decision though.

My budget is $600-$700

TL;DR Thinking about getting a new bike, would like to know if RH is better than a Yukon.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I have been looking around and I cant find a better deal than bikes direct as far as parts go. I would not buy one of the fs bikes from them but for a HT you cant beat the prices. The paint is not as nice but who cares you dont buy a bike to look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts