Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Noob here. Looking for my first real (not off the shelf) mountain bike. I am a larger guy at 6'3 and 290lbs. I am down to two bikes in my $1300-$1600 price range. The 2013 Rockhopper Pro or spend the extra on the Carve Comp. I will be doing light to moderate trail riding and a little bit on roads. Any help or advise about these two bikes or even other bikes they may work/last better for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was in the same boat between those two models. I picked the carve comp for the better stock wheel set and the recon air fork as I don't plan on upgrading anything for a while.

·
Registered
461 Posts
both 2X10, both bikes have same brakes, one is X7 carbon rear mid cage derailer (carve), other is SLX, fork goes to the carve. I do not see "2 Bliss" on ether spec sheet. I would buy what you can afford, if possible go for the expert, you get XT derailer and better brakes.

Mark

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
Carve comes with Ground Controls, which are tubeless... wheels are ready for tubeless conversion too.

Go Carve, if its in your budget.

·
J-Flo
1,742 Posts
Carve. Now has a significantly better frame than the Rockhopper (lighter alloy), in addition to the better fork and wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts