Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Both bieks are good for XC trails. I test rode both last year and liked the Marlin better. Both bikes have different feels to them. I thought the rockhopper felt like I was sitting straight up in the saddle. The Marlin has a longer top tube which had me lean over more. To me, I like leaning over a little more. The rockhopper made me feel like I was riding on it, while the Marlin made me feel like I was riding in it. I felt much more confident turning sharply on the Marlin. It is a personal preference though. You really need to test ride both o see which bike feels more inspiring to you. Bo th will make a nice bike.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I agree with above post

You need to ride both and see which one feels and fits better. If they feel the same, then get the one with better components. Then if they both fit and components are comparable then buy on looks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Likewise...

MtBkrJoe said:
You need to ride both and see which one feels and fits better. If they feel the same, then get the one with better components. Then if they both fit and components are comparable then buy on looks.
It's all about the feel homey. I've ridden both as well and feel the gf feels better...BUT...It all depends on your style, and which bike feels better to you.

I will say the brake cable on the Specialized pissed me off, ON TOP OF THE FRAME, plus the shifter cable gets a little dirty every now and then, harder shifting.

Same bikes, similiar components, ride em'

PH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.