Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
Longtime lurker here. I am looking at a Rockhopper 29er on my local craigslist, but I am having a very hard time confirming what the seller is telling me.

Here is the link to the post

Used: Red Specialized Rockhopper SL Comp 29er (2009)

And as you can see, the seller is claiming that this is a Rockhopper SL Comp from 2009.
and as far as I can tell, Specialized did not make the SL Comp until 2010, and even with those models, the geometry of the top tube does not match anything I can find anywhere.

If Someone could give me a little help ID'ing this bike it would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know when the comp started being produced, but the geometry isn't terribly out of the ordinary for a small sized frame (15" or so, I think) - I see these all the time. The components look reasonably clean from the pictures, and if you can tolerate the home studio red paint job, and everything is in order, seems like it could be a safe gamble. Surely someone else on here will able to produce detailed descriptions of all of the models produced in the last decade to confirm the model/year. Good luck!

Update: found this older thread:
http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/specialized-rockhopper-29er-small-15-frame-shape-716796.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts